Rising costs prompt Canadians to rethink vehicle ownership

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you have a chauffer they figure out the parking.

1723611250735.png

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is so true,,, a person can ride 3 or 7 miles easy in a day,,, 10 and 15 mile days here and there aren't bad,,, its not uncommon too cover 40 or 50 miles for some folks...

The added value of a e-assist makes it easy too cover terrain like nothing...

I like standard Pedal bikes and e-assist,,, a bit of both worlds too get around...

Rain suit and warm gear on the blistery days...

Cargo racks on the bike or a small trailer too pack crap... lol

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a grind in Berta in the winter without wheels to say least. Gotta have wheels cause these clowns cannot figure out ETS on a 24hr or grid system and earlier for peeps that roll early. Ebike in Etown in winter would surely end your life earlier I say with all these clowns lol!

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$10 or $12 k gets a person one spook'em E-quad with dual battery packs on the full suspension fat-tire unit...
Screenshot_20240814_131059_Samsung Internet.jpg

A person might eat up a few drive chains,,, sproket sets,,, tires and brakes + bla bla bla over 7 or 10 years ...

It would be easy too log on 40 thousand k in 1 or 2 years...

Maybe a battery pack refresher in 2 or 3 years if that be the case... Lithium e-bike batteries are cheap now days...

The dual battery pack could give a person a 100 mile range with some ghost pedaling,,, thats plenty of distance for local folk in town or out at the farm...

The comfort of a Lazy Boy Recliner with 4 low pressure fat tires on the ground + suspension...

Dam near go everywhere a person would drive a car or truck in ones local area or beyond... lol

It really depends what a person needs and wants...

$$$$ is a factor in most calculations...

Last edited:

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$10 or $12 k gets a person one spook'em E-quad with dual battery packs on the full suspension fat-tire unit...
View attachment 286279

A person might eat up a few drive chains,,, sproket sets,,, tires and brakes + bla bla bla over 7 or 10 years ...

It would be easy too log on 40 thousand k in 1 or 2 years...

Maybe a battery pack refresher in 2 or 3 years if that be the case... Lithium e-bike batteries are cheap now days...

The dual battery pack could give a person a 100 mile range with some ghost pedaling,,, thats plenty of distance for local folk in town or out at the farm...

The comfort of a Lazy Boy Recliner with 4 low pressure fat tires on the ground + suspension...

Dam near go everywhere a person would drive a car or truck in ones local area or beyond... lol

It really depends what a person needs and wants...

$$$$ is a factor in most calculations...

Those look pretty cool, wonder what top end would be on most units? If they are not min 60km a/hour then that would be a hard pass at that price. Buddy has a GT scooter full suspension with lights/signals and it will do 85km so at least he can do the road speed limit in the city with passing capability.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice, its Beautiful...

A lot nicer too drive then a pedal bike...

My friend logged on 40. Thousand k on his e-bike traveling all over Central Alberta... ruffy a 100 mile raidus... his wife has a car so he rides with her once in awhile...

Not very often since the dont get along... lol

Hed ride back and forth too Red Deer,,, off too Rimbey for lunch,,, stop in at Ponoka for coffee then head home too start it all over again the next day...

Another fellow that lived in Our area never owned a car,,, truck or tractor,,, all his stuff was done on a pedal bike or horse teams when farming his two 1/4 sections...

Plus he traveled around the world on Passanger jets and with the Goverment in 1940 ...

His friends drove him around a few times but he didn't like sitting in a tin can...

Im thinking id like too give this a go,,, I can borrow units from work friends and family if I need too drive,,, I foot the fuel bill once in awhile...

Who do We know that doesn't have a car or truck,,, there everywhere...

I'll give it a run for a week too see what its like,,, a bit challenging at times but I bet i can pull it off...
Screenshot_20240814_220248_Canada Maps.jpg

Speed is not a factor in my world,,, slow and steady wins the ( pace) ... lol

The e-quads are mostly set at a max of 20 ish mpr so they can be used on the trails,,, thats pretty fast especially on trails... a person would feel safer at 5 and 7 mpr if folks are in the area,,, but its nice cranking it up too 9 and 11 mpr out on the open road...

If speed is a factor it might be better too buy a e-motorcycle and throw on a set of pedals...

We heard there starting too crack down on them this year in the larger centers,,, not out in the rual areas yet...

This should be and intresting experiment,,, thanks for sharing gang...
20240814_183910.jpg

My fast is Slow

Don

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both of these are wicked units...
Old Smokey vvv
20240815_105238.jpg

And the Ghost rider... lol vvv
20231007_133120.jpg

Ownership only leads too lots of repairs later on...

New 1 day,,, old and worn out the next...
20240722_212726.jpg

^^^ When today trucks are worn out in 20 ish years old Bertha will still be running... Ha...

A flat screw driver and a hammer and your off and running

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of Our friends runs a 125cc scooter,,, the dam thing get 125 too 150 mpg imperial,,, thats pretty impressive. $187 for insurance,,, $$ for plate...

He said it rolls along at 40 ish mpr up hill,,, 55 mpr on the flats,,, up hill into a head-wind is slow...

He bounces around out at the farm,,, lots of gravel roads and secondary slab too and from...

He found a extra large milk crate that he bunggy corded on the back so he can pack stuff...

Coffee cup holder up front with his ring-a-dingger bicycle bell..

Bringing Burrrrrinning

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never say never,,, especially with the way Goverment and todays humans act...

What We build today will be knocked down tommrow...

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friends kid is ready too start driving as he finishes up the last 2 courses of grade 12...

He has a part time job and was looking at a older chevy 4x4... the price wasn't bad...

He went too get insurance and they quoted him at $4800 a year ,,, hummmmm,,, that seems kinda expensive...

Hes looking at a 4 door grampa garma car now...

What a rip off for the younger up and comers...

Its no wounder that the next generation doesn't want too own a vehicle...

Sad indeed

: (

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friends kid is ready too start driving as he finishes up the last 2 courses of grade 12...

He has a part time job and was looking at a older chevy 4x4... the price wasn't bad...

He went too get insurance and they quoted him at $4800 a year ,,, hummmmm,,, that seems kinda expensive...

Sad indeed

If you only get PLPD does it even matter what kind of vehicle you drive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sad indeed

i was 600 a month at 18 for a 2wd sonoma (was brand new) but still i thought that was rough

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like insurance companies have no problem discriminating based on age or gender. Granted kids may pile up more. Daughter was 3k for just PLPD on an old Tucson

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like insurance companies have no problem discriminating based on age or gender. Granted kids may pile up more. Daughter was 3k for just PLPD on an old Tucson

New strategy. Price insurance for 10 different genders and pick the one with the lowest premium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Owning 1 is expensive,,, can a person imagine having twins ???
20240820_112354.jpg

Pretty sure it doubles up the payments. Lol

Top Bottom