Riding - Outwest Campground Aug 8-9,2009

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heading out there this weekend on sat. going to be there for a week. sounds like a great place. however need to figure a way to fit a 6.5 ft qaud into a 5.5 ft box. i figure i need a 3.5ft riser at the front to get the gate closed. damn supercrew cab.lol

mudhunter

Reaction score
heading out there this weekend on sat. going to be there for a week. sounds like a great place. however need to figure a way to fit a 6.5 ft qaud into a 5.5 ft box. i figure i need a 3.5ft riser at the front to get the gate closed. damn supercrew cab.lol

Better get out the lube....

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im off until sept 4 so iff you see a blue raptor 700 & trx 90 pimped out its me & my daughter. Im planning a no daughter trip to Bighorn dam sometime in that timeframe so if anyone wants to ride let me know:d:beer::beer:

medler

I love guns
Reaction score

I was thinking of going for a ride on sunday 16th(for the day)if we or i am out and about i will see if you out there.Silver chevy and camo grizzly

carter.c

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Riding - Outwest Campgrounds Aug 8-9,2009

nice pics of that mud by the road, tons of fun in there! nice and close to the campsites too.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ended up having to leave early. Was a good campground for the quadding aspect of it but that was about all they had to offer. Was not overly impressed by the way it was ran or the way my wife was decieved when we booked it. But the qaudding end of the trip was good.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
ended up having to leave early. Was a good campground for the quadding aspect of it but that was about all they had to offer. Was not overly impressed by the way it was ran or the way my wife was decieved when we booked it. But the qaudding end of the trip was good.

Having lived here for the summer, helping the Outwest staff and being around and assisting the hundreds and hundreds of people that have stayed here over the year I can truley see that you and your wife are a very unique couple. Good luck at the other parks you choose magnet. If your ever back here stop in to stall #39 for a beer.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having lived here for the summer, helping the Outwest staff and being around and assisting the hundreds and hundreds of people that have stayed here over the year I can truley see that you and your wife are a very unique couple. Good luck at the other parks you choose magnet. If your ever back here stop in to stall #39 for a beer.

Hi there Sumx. thanks. I was the guy that helped you and Ron load his bike after he broke it. Unfortunatly the wife was mislead as to the activities offered at the camp. She was told that there was a swimming area at the creek near the road, fishing within walking distance of the camp,along with a few other minor things. When we arrived at the camp everyone we asked, unfortunatly I never asked you or was reffered to ask you about it, but nobody seemed to know of any areas to do either unless we drove to cow lake for swimming. And swan or cow lakes for fishing or to Ram falls. Qaudding was GREAT however miles of trails easy and hard riding, tons of wildlife, seen countless deer, and even a huge black bear, seen him about 6 miles from the camp on one of the logging roads. we stopped to watch a couple deer. When they took off i started the bike and about 200 yards in front of us this bear comes flying out of the bush. Crossed the road in two leaps. If we end up there again I will come by.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Hi there Sumx. thanks. I was the guy that helped you and Ron load his bike after he broke it. Unfortunatly the wife was mislead as to the activities offered at the camp. She was told that there was a swimming area at the creek near the road, fishing within walking distance of the camp,along with a few other minor things. When we arrived at the camp everyone we asked, unfortunatly I never asked you or was reffered to ask you about it, but nobody seemed to know of any areas to do either unless we drove to cow lake for swimming. And swan or cow lakes for fishing or to Ram falls. Qaudding was GREAT however miles of trails easy and hard riding, tons of wildlife, seen countless deer, and even a huge black bear, seen him about 6 miles from the camp on one of the logging roads. we stopped to watch a couple deer. When they took off i started the bike and about 200 yards in front of us this bear comes flying out of the bush. Crossed the road in two leaps. If we end up there again I will come by.

Sorry about the circumstaces but I can assure you that this place is ran top notch with a real "homey" feeling that might intimidate a few people into believing its an unprofessional atmosphere while its really not at all.
Definatley stop in next time your here and I'll show you where I pulled 5 Rainbow Trout out of a stream 5 minutes from here just night before last or the swimming hole thats at the creek just below the campground, walking trails ect.
I also know a guy thats fairly familiar with all the BEST quadding this area has to offer. I might be able to get some directions from him to pass on to you ;) Oh and thanks for the hand in loading Ron's Heap up on his trailer :d
See ya next time.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problem. I always like loading up busted up junk:rolleyes:as long as its not mine. We are planning on heading out to cow lake for a weekend before it gets to cold will maybe head up the road and visit.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score

Beer? I'll have a rye-coke-press please.....

...just sayin:d

dirtydodge

Reaction score
Hey , guess I should have looked here before the weekend . Next time I will and try to hook up with you guys . Did have a good weekend though . Put on alot of miles . Ate alot of dust . had lots of cold ones around the fire with good friends . Saw this one dude looking like he has some problems .LOL.

Attachments

• IMG_2572.jpg
    IMG_2572.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2623.jpg
    IMG_2623.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 40

dirtydodge

Reaction score
I know .
Darcy , I could not help it man ,sorry , but i had to . I was on that ride with you . I was tail gunner all day on the old FRANKINSTINE 700. We had a great day thanks again .

Top Bottom