Renshaw Trail

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why Do They Have The Road Blocks Anyways, There Obviously Not Running Logging Trucks Up There. " Or There Would Be No Block"
Just My 2 Cents

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
According to Bbtoys there are some "Political" reasons and we were asked us to stay away until it's resolved. I hate politics and for that reason take my hat off to the McBride group trying to get things back in place. CR500R is correct, having the road opened without permission could have long term effects (such as closure to the road). It is a private roadway, not public.

Why Do They Have The Road Blocks Anyways, There Obviously Not Running Logging Trucks Up There. " Or There Would Be No Block"
Just My 2 Cents

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Bbtoys Said The Roadblocks Were Only Thre To Keep Trucks From Going Up The Trail.... The Present Leasee Doesn't Want To Doo Anymore Repairing The Road And The Lease Is Almost Expired.... Then Bbtoys And Area Will Take Over..... Bbtoys Said It Is Okay For Quads To Go Up, So Unless Someone Tries To Take A Truck Up And Rut The Road Badly, There Should Be Any Harm Done!!! Just Read All The Previous Posts......

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Okey Dokey
Bbtoys Said The Roadblocks Were Only Thre To Keep Trucks From Going Up The Trail.... The Present Leasee Doesn't Want To Doo Anymore Repairing The Road And The Lease Is Almost Expired.... Then Bbtoys And Area Will Take Over..... Bbtoys Said It Is Okay For Quads To Go Up, So Unless Someone Tries To Take A Truck Up And Rut The Road Badly, There Should Be Any Harm Done!!! Just Read All The Previous Posts......

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree with CR500R. The road was blocked off. Now someone went and moved the barriers without permission (maybe) and now the agreement has been violated. Just another mark against us. We were asked not to drive up the road and we did. period why? This may just blow over or maybe it will lead to something else. Barry didn`t even go up there and he lives there. Wonder Why? Maybe he is doing what he asked us all to do. NOT DRIVE UP THE ROAD.:rant: My rant is over

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
EASYSLEDDERGLEN... BBTOYS DID DRIVE UP(READ PREVIOUS PAGE), AND MAYBE IT WAS THE GUYS THAT PUT THE BLOCKS THERE, MOVED 'EM.... DOESN'T LOOK WIDE ENOUGH TO GET A TRUCK THROUGH, BUT LOOKS BIG ENOUGH FOR A QUAD AND MAYBE A TRAILER........ JUST MY OBSERVATION OF WHAT I READ HERE, THAT'S ALL.......... :achillpill::achillpill::friends:

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really disappointed to see someone took the road block apart, these are the actions that will see areas closed or severely restricted. It's unfortunate that people can't respect the land and rights of other users. You know it was done by sledders, as there is no other reason for anyone else to need to be up there at this time of year.:nono:

Hey CR500R, we went up there expecting to see the road block because we are members of this site, and heard all about it, but there are many riders who go up there that dont read the postings on this site, imagine driving more than 500kms to get a day of riding in, and when you get there, you see those concrete blocks in the way, I think I would have done the same thing, there were no signs asking for sledders to stay out, and there are skidder tracks around the blocks in the ditch anyway. Just my two cents

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
It always seems that way and dean10 is right from a lawfull standpoint no sign was posted with a no trespassing sign or a gate. So long as we don't pay the price. There may be a sign that is 3" x 2" that state that and it likely underneath those blocks.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey CR500R, we went up there expecting to see the road block because we are members of this site, and heard all about it, but there are many riders who go up there that dont read the postings on this site, imagine driving more than 500kms to get a day of riding in, and when you get there, you see those concrete blocks in the way, I think I would have done the same thing, there were no signs asking for sledders to stay out, and there are skidder tracks around the blocks in the ditch anyway. Just my two cents

Not to be an a-hole here, but if I drove up there and seen 5 or more 500 lbs cement blocks baricading the road, it wouldn't be rocket sceince to get the hint to stay out. Whether signs are up or not, it's just as obvious as a big neon billboard and a gate. Not to mention the fact that, if you're going to to drive that far to go sledding, you should call a local business, or even check out the towns website, for updated conditions, there could be numerous things to prevent you from sledding where you want to. Now, I ain't no genius, but even I got the common sense to look into things before I go.
As for the skidder tracks in the ditch around them, I don't think that would be unusal, considering it's a logging road to an extensively logged area, but then again, I'm no genius, just using common sense again.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn't sledder's that moved them. Hunters looking for spring bear. If you were coming to sled all the hotels and B&B's had a flyer enforming them of the closure. No reason to not know. That is a private road in the fact that it is permitted to 2 party's with us being the number 2.

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey CR500R, come down off your high horse for a minute, and read the postings about the Road Block, you'll learn that it was layed out specifically to allow quads and sleds through, and keep the trucks out. So even with all the "Common Sense" thinking you seem to have, the mountain is still open for sledding, and the road is still open to ATV's and Sleds. And the same "Rocket Scientist" you speak of, would have gone up there anyway.

And as far as you assuming it was opened up by sledders, it looked to me like the skidder that was parked there got tierd of going around in the ditch, so he moved them over with his blade so he could more easily skid those huge cedars out. What did it look like to you when you were there? oh wait,...all you are looking at is my pictures.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dean10, you really seem to be taking this personal. Just a little insight, I've got family in Mcbride, heard about this being done from one of our neighbors there, quite possibly you'll see this happenning more often on other access roads as well as companies look at ways to save money, etc. I only use this road for my early season trips in Oct-Nov. and then again in the spring, so I was disappointed to hear about it as well, fortunately I know some other areas and rode them instead.
Your right, I haven't been there, for an obvious reason I think. Just going by your pictures, all I seen in the pics is truck tire tracks on the road no skidder tracks. Naturely, I assumed the barrier was taken apart by someone with their 4x4, as I have seen this same thing done by irresponsible OHV enthausists in the Maclean creek OHV park west of Calgary. My bad, never occurred to me that spring bear hunters would go thru that much effort, I hope they wasted their time and came out empty, obviously bear hunters aren't to bright either and require the big neon billboard.
I assumed it was sledders because all to many times you see and hear people(users) say one thing and then do another, just some examples, the above mentioned road/trail closures in maclean creek, the officials try to preserve an area from further destruction by setting up barriers and fences only to see these same users tear them down without any thought as to why they were put up in the first place, Another is the caribou closures around Valemount, have you been up Allen or Miledge in the middle of the winter, there are signs up all over the riding areas indicating the closed areas, yet not a sleds width from a no snowmobiling sign is a small highway of sled tracks leading into a caribou closed area. What a way to help our cause isn't it. Just like shooting yourself in the foot.

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how you would get your sled up past the road block, when bbtoys said in one of his posts you can't get a quad and trailer thru.

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about when the block was in place. In Dean 10 post it says, the block was set up to let quads and sleds thru. Then bbtoys post said you can't get a quad and trailer thru. Now the block is torn apart by hunters, and you know who they would wan't to point the finger at.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The road will be ours to manage and keep in good condition. Final details are still being worked on, but Carrier is out of the picture. A few more things to work out but it is now classed as a recreation trail and no road permit is in place. More to follow.

Top Bottom