Renshaw Trail

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To all users of the Mckale Road(Renshaw Trail)
Carrier Lumber has informed us that as of May 15 2008 this road will be closed to all vehicular traffic at km 0. It will stay closed until the end of July. If something should change in the next week I will post again.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For this month and next, up the Chelko. Will try another way and let you know. Quad with a single trailer behind will fit between the concrete blocks or we could lift the double wide over and drag them up with the quads.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For now they do. We will leave it at that.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't waste my time trying the chalco trail, it's bare now, and as Winterulez said the willows will be horrific even if there was snow.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trail is willowed bad but there may be other options. Working to find a solution and yes the renshaw trail will have a solution to that before the summer is up.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even with a quad and trailer, your biting off way more than you can chew trying the chalco trail. I don't know if you've ever been up that trail, I ride it all the time summer and winter, but once the willows pop out, it's very tight even with the quad by itself, there is also a large washout at around the 12 km mark, you won't get a trailer through it.

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stay on it Barry, if you need signatures to convince the municipality to step in, I'm sure we'll all sign up.

In the mean time, it can't be that tough to move a concrete block, my 500hp says I can get up that trail if I really want to, all I need is heavy duty tow strap,...... unless you'd rather us play by the rules for now,......just give us the word.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will not be pulling a 2 place up the chelko as the willows are as bad as has been said. I am going to wait and see what they put up to stop traffic. We can talk in private about the other stuff. Will not go onto public forum to talk about that part of it. I was looking forward to our June ride up there so this sucks big time, and I will be going for a ride for SURE in June.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will not be pulling a 2 place up the chelko as the willows are as bad as has been said. I am going to wait and see what they put up to stop traffic. We can talk in private about the other stuff. Will not go onto public forum to talk about that part of it. I was looking forward to our June ride up there so this sucks big time, and I will be going for a ride for SURE in June.
may I tag along? I have an itchy throttle thumb, a strong back and my own shovel......:D

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problem Darcy. Keep an eye on the site for date confirmation. I will be riding even if the road is closed.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder about the Renshaw Trail closure. Will be closed today until End of July, quad traffic only.

Top Bottom