just wondering if anyone has recent trail info where are they stagging
has anyone stayed at north country, is it good
snow conditions etc.
is there somewhere in better condition than renshaw

thanks

GRD

Reaction score
good luck

I heard the trail is crap and sledders are getting pretty beat up. Last I heard the were driving up the trail a few km's until they were stuck and unloading. We were in the mcbride/valemount area last weekend and the snow up top was awesome.

we are planning on riding renshaw this weekend
terracana was closed this weekend so I booked at north country lodge
snow conditions etc.

thanks

chucker

Reaction score
Renshaw May4-6

North Country Lodge is ok to stay at. The staff tries hard. There is a restaurant/lounge next door. Send bbtoys a PM, he just moved from Edmonton to McBride. He should know what the trails are like at this time of year. Good Luck.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NCL is a nice place. Their suites are perfect for 3-4 people, 2 bedrooms, with full kitchens.:cool:

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Riding area

we are planning on riding renshaw this weekend
terracana was closed this weekend so I booked at north country lodge
snow conditions etc.

thanks

I am almost certain you will have a good ride as the snow conditions were awesome this past weekend....... Thinking of going again, What does ya say GetR'Done, The CHAMP & Bad Ass ??? No Apex this time, I just want to ride & not tug !
Smash, Check out Clemina if you get wondering, We have riden there in the early stages of June, Was able to drive up to km 13 to the snow, Some guys even had trailers near up that far, Some good spots to turn trailers around. Hope you have a good safe ride & bring back feedback.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ride conditions

Have no info on Renshaw but 3 locals were up Luc. Monday and the snow was great. New stuff up top and rode from parking lot but was some mud at the bottom. Today was a warm 11 c. and I did not see any sleds in town. Hey Summitric, I have to come to Edmonton Thurs. to pick up my new hottub, so I will most likely not ride Fri. but will be up to riding Sat. and Sun. Let me know. Barry

smash

Reaction score
well sounds like clemina is an easier ride in and staging
but I like to do more exploring this time of year so probably try clemina on friday when its supposed to be cloudy and saturday at renshaw when its supposed to be sunny
thanks for your help guys
I will be riding a 03 summit 800 159 & with me 06 rev 151 blue & 07rev 151
hope to see ya there

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey Extremegriz

have no info on renshaw but 3 locals were up luc. Monday and the snow was great. New stuff up top and rode from parking lot but was some mud at the bottom. Today was a warm 11 c. And i did not see any sleds in town. Hey summitric, i have to come to edmonton thurs. To pick up my new hottub, so i will most likely not ride fri. But will be up to riding sat. And sun. Let me know. Barry
sorry, can't make it this weekend, but might be up to next weekend or weekend after. Are you gonna be in town for the snow angels wind-up party??? so next weekend, or weekend after, or maybe both???:p

GRD

Reaction score
When were you thinking? I may have a hard time getting away again without some grief from the wife.

I am almost certain you will have a good ride as the snow conditions were awesome this past weekend....... Thinking of going again, What does ya say GetR'Done, The CHAMP & Bad Ass ??? No Apex this time, I just want to ride & not tug !
Smash, Check out Clemina if you get wondering, We have riden there in the early stages of June, Was able to drive up to km 13 to the snow, Some guys even had trailers near up that far, Some good spots to turn trailers around. Hope you have a good safe ride & bring back feedback.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Sleddin

When were you thinking? I may have a hard time getting away again without some grief from the wife.

It is still early, Bad Ass said he may be done,To busy with work projects..... But I am sure we can convince him in a few weeks to early June. I am thinking I will be back to work near end May or early June so it will be a hit & miss. Sure would be nice to get into Mcbride with clear skies.... Snow should be allowable into mid June. We will keep in touch.

GRD

Reaction score
injuries?

Are you talking about your chest?

the Champ

Reaction score
Sleddin never dies

It is still early, Bad Ass said he may be done,To busy with work projects..... But I am sure we can convince him in a few weeks to early June. I am thinking I will be back to work near end May or early June so it will be a hit & miss. Sure would be nice to get into Mcbride with clear skies.... Snow should be allowable into mid June. We will keep in touch.

BigFoot, if you get anything organized keep me informed...thinking of Renshaw with clear skies makes me sleep with a smile on my face.:D I will be unavailable at the end of may/beginning of june; Before or after would work great!

smash

Reaction score
just got back from mcbride may 7

rode renshaw friday we unloaded at km 8 but it took a lot of determination to get that far if you can get past the slide at km 2 it is 6 more kms of mud and now ruts as we were the first tracks through on friday
km8-12 is patchy 12-19 patchey & whoops km 19-24 whoops
and up top we had 6-8 inches of untouched fresh
too bad the clouds wouldn't cooperate. we wanted to do some exploring but we didn't want to venture too far given the weather conditions
we ended up spending most of our time playing in the valley to the southeast of the cabin

rode lucille saturday unloaded at km 2 patchy to km 4 whoops were not bad the rest of the way snow was set up on top so we were able to explore the whole area as far as the butterfly thanks to the great weather conditions could have went further but we were not sure where to drop in and there were no tracks past the butterfly. according to some girls at the cabin you can end up in some serious trouble if you drop in in the wrong spot

hope this helps if your going next weekend

If we do another trip this year it will probably be may long weekend

the Champ

Reaction score
Right on Smash; Sorry to hear that the weather wasn't co-operating with you. How big was your riding party...did you guys get any pics to post?

smash

Reaction score
there were 3 of us with 4 sleds the 03 summit busted a rear shock mount on the way down friday so I had to ride the spare (polaris 700 144") on saturday
don't tell anyone but it was kinda fun riding the little thing

if anyone saw a summit that looked like it was ready for ice racing,in mcbride on saturday night that was us

had my brothers camera so when he emails them to me I will post them

Top Bottom