Reeds bad?

crooklyn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I pulled the boots and reeds off my sled, actually the boots ripped off more like it.
I know they need to be replaced but how do i tell if the reeds are bad?
Should i just replace the whole or just the boots?

2011-07-14091901.jpg

2011-07-14091915.jpg

2011-07-14091958.jpg

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have always looked through the carb side and if they seal (no light coming through) they are okay but just the reeds not the cages are usually in the $100 or less for the amount of work to get them out and the new gaskets plus if they are more than one season old I would always throw new in. The only time I've tried to save a few bucks is if I had to tear down the motor the same season I put the reeds in. I guess it would depend on the sled a little too an xp is a big job to pull them might be why I would always do them.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i see chipped corners in those pics. replace. any gap replace. Boyseen are cheap and will give you the same amount of performance as Vforce.

crooklyn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i see chipped corners in those pics. replace. any gap replace. Boyseen are cheap and will give you the same amount of performance as Vforce.

Thats what i was thinking of going with was a complete Boysen setup.

Anyone in northern bc retail them?

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm selling a set of vforce 3's cheap if ur interested. PM me. Ther are for 03-08 doo, 600, 800, 800HO or 800R

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what i was thinking of going with was a complete Boysen setup.

Anyone in northern bc retail them?

I am in mcbride and we can hook you up with pretty much anything you need for your sled or to do with sledding.

crooklyn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok so i would like to order the boyesen reed cage for the old zx, anyone know any distributors in BC or AB

crooklyn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
didn't want to spend to much money on this sled so i was able to find vforce 3 reeds and boots on ebay.
hope they get here b4 winter ;)

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I,ve run V force in the past and Boyesen. I will run Boyesen anyday . Thos reeds look chipped so yeah not good. I,ve seen many V force do that , even seen some break a petal and go through the motor. Not good!!. The 3,s seem to have solved this problem but i don,t trust them still. Work great till they break. Check them every year just as a precaution. Good Luck and anjoy !!

Top Bottom