Pipeline & Rolling Hills Pics from Fri Mar 7

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some pic's of the Pipeline and Rolling Hills.
The pipeline was in pretty good condition but there are some bare spots showing here and there. No open creek crossings yet. The road in from the Tin Shack was almost back breaking. Very hard at the end of a hard day of riding. Rolling hills was great in the trees. The snow is still very deep. Most of the hills with direct exposure to sunlight had ok snow. It was setting up like hero snow which isn't as much fun to carve around.
Something to watch out for ( I doubt it will happen to anyone else). I was crossing the train tracks at the tin shack to get across the road to our trailer. As I hit the first track my sled stopped completely, almost pitching me over the bars. I thought I had caught a carbide somehow and hit the throttle to continue... didn't budge. I jumped off and grabbed the ski hoop and it still wouldn't move. My brother looked at me wondering what I was doing. I waved him over to help. Both of us tried pulling and no luck. I started thinking, what if a train comes along? My brother tried kicking the spindle. We had to hook my snobunje to his sled and pull it free. The downside... I snapped my lower a-arm. I didn't realize this until today while riding in Elkford. So, watch for a little gap in the tracks that's just wide enough for a carbide. One in a million. Not sure if I should buy a lottery ticket or stay off the sled for a while. :) The bottom pic is my brother standing in his track. Almost stuck but made it thru!

Attachments

• Rolling Hills & Elkford 001 (Small).jpg
    Rolling Hills & Elkford 001 (Small).jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Rolling Hills & Elkford 003 (Small).jpg
    Rolling Hills & Elkford 003 (Small).jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 152
  • Rolling Hills & Elkford 005 (Small).jpg
    Rolling Hills & Elkford 005 (Small).jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 162
  • Rolling Hills & Elkford 009 (Small).jpg
    Rolling Hills & Elkford 009 (Small).jpg
    55 KB · Views: 158
  • Rolling Hills & Elkford 010 (Small).jpg
    Rolling Hills & Elkford 010 (Small).jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 162
  • Rolling Hills & Elkford 011 (Small).jpg
    Rolling Hills & Elkford 011 (Small).jpg
    40 KB · Views: 159

GRD

Reaction score
Some pic's of the Pipeline and Rolling Hills.
The pipeline was in pretty good condition but there are some bare spots showing here and there. No open creek crossings yet. The road in from the Tin Shack was almost back breaking. Very hard at the end of a hard day of riding. Rolling hills was great in the trees. The snow is still very deep. Most of the hills with direct exposure to sunlight had ok snow. It was setting up like hero snow which isn't as much fun to carve around.
Something to watch out for ( I doubt it will happen to anyone else). I was crossing the train tracks at the tin shack to get across the road to our trailer. As I hit the first track my sled stopped completely, almost pitching me over the bars. I thought I had caught a carbide somehow and hit the throttle to continue... didn't budge. I jumped off and grabbed the ski hoop and it still wouldn't move. My brother looked at me wondering what I was doing. I waved him over to help. Both of us tried pulling and no luck. I started thinking, what if a train comes along? My brother tried kicking the spindle. We had to hook my snobunje to his sled and pull it free. The downside... I snapped my lower a-arm. I didn't realize this until today while riding in Elkford. So, watch for a little gap in the tracks that's just wide enough for a carbide. One in a million. Not sure if I should buy a lottery ticket or stay off the sled for a while. :) The bottom pic is my brother standing in his track. Almost stuck but made it thru!

Great shots... Looks like the weather was nice!

Top Bottom