Opinions on Scramblers

zeker

Reaction score
Lookin at maybe pickin up a used Scrambler. Anbody have thoughts/opinions on the good vs. bad on this quad?

2007 Summit XRS
2004 KFX 400, heavily modded

monster sledder

Reaction score
excellent all around quad they don't like water but a awesome trail & shallow mud holes. i got a 2001 500 with clutch kit, mud lites & mbrp pipe and i ride it more than my brute force 650i just my thought but i love the scrambler.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just bought one for my daughter,I think it is a fun quad to ride and very light,If your into hard core skeg this may not be the machine for you allthough they do ok.Prepare to get dirty as they like to fling the mud.
catmando!

Attachments

• P5160004.jpg
    P5160004.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 58

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love mine aswell,itsfast fun and 4x4,great to jump and handle just about everything I wanna do,deep mud slows it down but it will still surprise you as how far it will go.Mine has a Aaen exhaust,K&N filter,clutch kit and mud lites with steel ITP rims.

Attachments

• P1000823.jpg
    P1000823.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 46

Dylan.B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi zeker, I Bought a scrambler a few months back. Before buying the scrambler I had a outlander 800 but after many repairs I decided it was time to try something new. I ended up buying the scrambler because its sporty feel, Price, and overall fun factor. The scrambler has not let me down in anyway, and is definetly more fun then the outlander and the sport quads i have owned before that. I have had no problems with it so far. I would recommend a scrambler to anyone that wants a fun sporty quad with 4 wheel drive. :beer:

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with most of what is said above however there are three small problems that should be mentioned.

1) No low range. (when it gets soft you are going to get muddy)
2) Rear foot brake will fail. (not if, just when)
3) Small fuel tank (80Km to a tank on stock unit)

We have around 6000km on each of ours with only one let down (rear axle bearings) Had a needle and seat problem last weekend, but that was due to not storing the quad properly over the winter. Each machine has had three sets of rear brakes, one set front brakes, one set of rear axle bearings, one chain and one set of sprockets. Add to that one rear tire, one set of handlebars and one hand guard due to driver err.

The Scrambler has a fun fatcor and is very capable in every aspect except hauling large loads. There is a reason Polaris has not done any major changes to this machine since 1998 (4 stroke engine). The chassis has not changed since about 1993.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's my opinion of a scrambler. LOL

Ok Zeker, Rubirose asked for it:d

If you go the the last part of this thread (https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/18/north-edson-15758-2.html#post489225) there is a discussion with pics of stuck quads/utv. I went through that area in 2 wheel drive without hardly spinning a tire. And I was first, so no one to show me the way.:p

And if Rubirose was on something faster than a Honda:lol2:, the pic she posted would have shown the Scrambler doing a wheel stand on the lip of that hole. lol

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats funny because all the guy Iride with send me first to,they say its because Im lighter so its easier to winch me out,I say its because if I make it they might have a chance on ther grizlys and king quads.The no low aint to bad its all wheel drive when in 4x4 so with a good trottle conrol you can crawl around pretty good

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Garry you did not go through the mud, you crawled over the stumps which is what I did to after the Polaris hole caught me. I did not have the camera when you did your wheel stand, Dean did on the grizz behind me. Next time I will leave the dog at camp then I can ride faster. HE HE. If Don comes again on a ride with us, he can have the camera since he has a Polaris and was right on your a$$ the whole time. What colour was hand grip, red I think, I will look for it when we go back in August, water hole should be pretty dry by then.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had one a couple years ago and will buy one again now that I dont have to double as much. the one I had I put a clutch kit in k&n filter and a HSP full exhust the she ripped bear claws all the way around although when i buy the next one I will look at Zillas if they come in that size. but all in all its a great quad the only time I had problems is when I tryed going in mud as deep as the fenders but all quads get stuck at some time:)

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mavrick, unless you do some serious clutch work you will find that mudlites and bearclaws are all that fit.

Top Bottom