One More Sleep

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Off to Sicamous Wed. for 4 days. Hope the weather gods are on our side or it will be alot of pops in 4 days, right Chucker?? Just 4 of us going and I will up- date what each day has been like and pic's to follow when I get home. Sounds like will have to watch for av's:eek: :eek: but what else is new at this time of year. Barry

chucker

Reaction score
Off to Sicamous this afternoon with BBtoys, Dave and Charlie. Barry or I will update condtions on and off the hills. Time to test the new truck. Will try to keep the rubber side down this time. Meeting a local in town to be our eyes and ears for weekend.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
conditions

Well we made it here about 12:15 Thurs. am. Between the snow from Olds to Airdre then the highway closed at Field not to long there but a small delay we made in one piece. Rode Eagles Pass today in the sunshine most all of the day. Great conditions with 1 to 1.5 of new snow and got a bit of sunburn but a lot of fun. Tomorrow we are off to Blue Lake and will let you know what that is like. Our guide Gary had to call it an early day as he blew his clutch out, new one will be here Fri. am at 9:00 so he will join us after that. Hottub done, supper done, Barry done(to much of a good time) so good nite to all. Barry:beerchug: :shots: :snowmobilers_wave:

Last edited:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Sicamous

Thanks for the update Barry. How far back did you go in Eagles and what was the trail up like for grooming?
Ride careful and watch above for avalanches!
Cheers
:D :D :D
Well we made it here about 12:15 Thurs. am. Between the snow from Olds to Airdre then the highway closed at Field not to long there but a small delay we made in one piece. Rode Eagles Pass today in the sunshine most all of the day. Great conditions with 1 to 1.5 of new snow and got a bit of sunburn but a lot of fun. Tomorrow we are off to Blue Lake and will let you know what that is like. Our guide Gary had to call it an early day as he blew his clutch out, new one will be here Fri. am at 9:00 so he will join us after that. Hottub done, supper done, Barry done(to much of a good time) so good nite to all. Barry:beerchug: :shots: :snowmobilers_wave:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snow

Well woke up to 6 inches of snow on the truck so we went up Owl. Lots of snow, new stuff and the only 4 guys on the hill untill about noon, wow great time. Went back over skinny ridge and is there some play back there. May try Blue Lake tomorrow but will depend on weather. As Chucker is saying as I type, it was _____ awesome, so off to the Moose to eat and will talk to you Sat. PM. Barry, Dave, Charlie and Kim.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blue Lake

Had a great day in Blue, but had to play in trees as it was a bit foggy. Great snow as you will see when I get back, as I have some good pics but will have to post upon our return. Today was a day that the trees won a few of the battles. More trees standing up right than there was sleds, many problems with the trees pop'n out of nowhere and dislodging riders. A couple of runaways and of course the sled is always pointed the wrong way when this ocurrs. But all is intacked and we are on our way home tomorrow if the highway will stay open, was closed today from early this am to 5:00 this PM. Well, hottub time as I am starting to cramp from to many smiles. Was a super 3 days. Barry:D :D

K

Keehner

Got in 2 days of riding with the boy's from Edmonton

Had a a great time with Kim, Charlie, Dave, and Barry.
I ate too much at Kim's gormet dinners.
A few pics....

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    175 KB · Views: 105
  • P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 107
  • P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 93
  • P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 94
  • P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 90
K

Keehner

5 more from Owls Head

Attachments

• P1010006.JPG
    P1010006.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 102
  • P1010007.JPG
    P1010007.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 97
  • P1010008.JPG
    P1010008.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 86
  • P1010011.JPG
    P1010011.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 93
  • P1010012.JPG
    P1010012.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 84

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Home

Got home late Sun. nite as we had to come back through Val. because highway 1 was closed at Golden Sun. If ever you need info on closures call this # 1-866-353-3136 This will get you to B.C. trans. Barry

K

Keehner

Barry was ***ping Kim out from behind. You can guess from there.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Keehner

HEY, I SEE YOU'RE FROM SICAMOUS.... DO YOU KNOW THE ST. ONGE'S?? OUR GROUP HAS BEEN OUT THERE TWICE THIS YEAR ALREADY, AS THAT AREA ALWAYS SEEMS TO HAVE GREAT SNOW. DO YOU LIVE RIGHT IN SICAMOUS?? YOU MUST GET OUT SLED***G THERE QUITE A BIT, EH??:specool: WE WERE JUST OUT 3 WEEKS AGO, AND ATTENDED THE LOCAL SLED CLUB BANQUET/SILENT AUCTION IN SICAMOUS. MET QUITE A FEW PEOPLE THERE, GREAT TIME.

K

Keehner

Yes I know Rene. We used to ride together all the time. I live right in town.
Don't ride as much any more. About 10 times a year. Work is too bust til break up. I was at the Auction as well. I bought the Blue Water house boat trip.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Keehner

Yea, There Was Some Awesome Deals At The Auction, And I Thought All The Houseboat Specials Were Good Deals. The Food Was Awesome Like Usual..... You Guys Are Lucky To Have Mooses Pub Out There To Cater Such An Event.
We'll Be Sledding With Rene's Younger Brother, Raymond, Next Weekend In Trout Lake. Hows Your Weather --- Rainy?:)

K

Keehner

Forecast is for mainly sunny for the next 10 days.
Went up Eagles yesterday. In and out of fog and sun, overall a great day.
Tree line had crusty snow. Alpine 6 to 8" powder. Alpine, 8 to 10' base.
Had to helly a sled out 48k back, blown cylinder.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Keehner, where there a lot of sleds in Eagles?
What condition is the trail in?
And finally, who's sled was given the helly ride out of the back country, what kind of sled and if you don't mid me asking, how much did that little flight cost?

Forecast is for mainly sunny for the next 10 days.
Went up Eagles yesterday. In and out of fog and sun, overall a great day.
Tree line had crusty snow. Alpine 6 to 8" powder. Alpine, 8 to 10' base.
Had to helly a sled out 48k back, blown cylinder.

K

Keehner

20 to 30 sleds, hardly seen anyone all day, big area.
Trail is soft and rough until you start climbing at 14k.
Still being groomed, but with the warm weather trail does not last long.
Sled was a '98 700 Indy. Buddy of my brother inlaw in Salmon Arm. $600 from Selkerk Helly, and back to landing pad in Revy.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Keehner, thanks for the info. Eagles is one of my favorite riding areas. Good ot hear the trail is still groomed. Cost for the Hely seems reasonable. We are riding New Denver area this weekend.
Cheers
:D :D :D
20 to 30 sleds, hardly seen anyone all day, big area.
Trail is soft and rough until you start climbing at 14k.
Still being groomed, but with the warm weather trail does not last long.
Sled was a '98 700 Indy. Buddy of my brother inlaw in Salmon Arm. $600 from Selkerk Helly, and back to landing pad in Revy.

Top Bottom