NEW SKIS

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need a single new ski… or maybe the ibackshift bushings… the bolt hole is all wallered out…

What ski would you go with?

What bushing would you go with?

I've been thinking about the new Gen5 ski but buying a kit of 2 is a few bucks… I think the silver would be slick.

what are the other options?

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wasn't able to ride much for quality snow last year, but some of the crew I ride with went back to the skis of their 2022 sled. I'm not sure of the compliant, just know they were switching back.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The newest ski is the DS4 on expert G5's. The old was the DS3 that came out with the G4's. The overall design isn't that much different, but the 4's have the mounting point further back making the tip longer so to speak. The general consensus is that this makes them go vertical easier and cause a stuck as well as being less predictable in a sidehill. This can be somewhat remedied with stiffer rubber bushings, but some have switched back to the 3's feeling they are better. They have updated the design of the 4's slightly for 2025.
Some in our group have experimented with Polaris skis or others, but they all ended back with the DS3's.
I as well need a new set as I've worn completely through mine last season and will be replacing with the same DS3's. Good used are next to impossible to find. I hear ya, $300+ for a complete single ski without wear bars seems steep.
You say the hole is all wallered out. Is the aluminum insert missing? If you do order from doo, keep in mind they do not come with the handles and the rivets that attach them are technically permanent/single use, but you can drill or melt them out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom