Mcbride Snow Conditions??

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow was crusty in the morning and mush in the afternoon where we rode . Forecast is for cooler temps, better have scratchers for the morning or spare sliders for the afternoon. Still tons of snow up top but the snow was active on top when it warmed. I've posted some pics of cornice failures(on east faces!) and lots of small sluff slides in gallery. Watch where you park if it gets hot again and do the big pulls in the morning before snow becomes unstable. Nice to jump cornices but extra risky at this time of year.:nono: Most trails still have snow to the bottom, not sure but they must still be grooming. Tear it up before it melts!!:Snowmobile1: :D

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
McBride

Thanks for the update, summitric and myself have our kids out there this weekend. Don't like the sound of unstable snow. Looking forward to the photos.
Snow was crusty in the morning and mush in the afternoon where we rode . Forecast is for cooler temps, better have scratchers for the morning or spare sliders for the afternoon. Still tons of snow up top but the snow was active on top when it warmed. I've posted some pics of cornice failures(on east faces!) and lots of small sluff slides in gallery. Watch where you park if it gets hot again and do the big pulls in the morning before snow becomes unstable. Nice to jump cornices but extra risky at this time of year.:nono: Most trails still have snow to the bottom, not sure but they must still be grooming. Tear it up before it melts!!:Snowmobile1: :D

• Staff

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Great Pics, Snochuk

snow was crusty in the morning and mush in the afternoon where we rode . Forecast is for cooler temps, better have scratchers for the morning or spare sliders for the afternoon. Still tons of snow up top but the snow was active on top when it warmed. I've posted some pics of cornice failures(on east faces!) and lots of small sluff slides in gallery. Watch where you park if it gets hot again and do the big pulls in the morning before snow becomes unstable. Nice to jump cornices but extra risky at this time of year.:nono: most trails still have snow to the bottom, not sure but they must still be grooming. Tear it up before it melts!!:snowmobile1: :d
AWESOME PICS, SNOCHUK --- where were most of those taken??? way out back in renshaw??? doesn't look familiar?:confused:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is nothing like this at Renshaw Summitric. This is an area we discovered on one of our bush bashing adventures.It's about 65KM to base of glacier(your sled looks like a mobile gas station in the morning) and we usually put on about 200KM when we go in. This last trip the GPS said 190KM and Russ's sled said about 210(track spin?). Long spring days are nice as we spent about 10.5Hrs in the saddle. Have to ride some crazy s*** to get in but we have yet to see another sled there so it's worth it. There are lots of places to break 8000' but only a couple past 9000. I had two more spots to try this year but due to work and promises I made to the kids I might be done. Friends are still going once repairs are done(we wreck the odd sled),oh well at least the last trip was a gooder!!!!:thumbsup2: :yahoo: :thumbsup2:

• Staff

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Latest Forecast

Mcbride: saturday: rain/snow periods 2*:( sunday: sunny breadks 2*:d :d should be a blast out there...... If any of you see a fairsize group with some kids on sleds, thats probably us......... The sledbunnyracing crew, so stop us and say hi!!!!:d

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mcbride

Leaving tomorrow(Fri.) AM for Mcbride. Staying at Beaver Creek and will be riding with Summit and Sled and the young ones. My son is going with me, only his second time to the big hills so will be taking it easy I think. Will post on Sat. nite. :) Barry

• Staff

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Weather Report

Latest mcbride forecast: friday: few showers 5*:( saturday: snow 0*:( sunday: mostly sunny 2*:d mediocre at best for saturday, but sunday looks promising.........

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOOT!!!

Im going on a sled trip...

BTW im summitrics son!!

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Juniorhighmark
Doesn't matter what the weather is does it.As long as you're going ,right.Have fun and ride safe.Have a good time.Wish I was there.

Bigdog67:Cool9:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I will post a few shots of this young daredevil (juniorhighmark) when we get back. It should be interesting, we have 4 teens ranging form 12-17 riding and a 21 year old with little mountain experinece. Were taking it easy and havings some fun.
WOOT!!!

BTW im summitrics son!!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Its almost 8am and the Sledbunnyracing crew hasn't left Edmonton yet.... or do they all have them fancy a-- cell phones that have full access to the internet everywhere they go so they are driving down highway 16 on their Palm Treo's typing messages onto the Snowandmud.com board.

Whatever way you guys are posting, have a good safe trip, and bring back pictures. Don't let the young bucks out do ya!

Last edited by a moderator:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
:D :D :D Sorry Tyler, no fancy ^ss palm pilot here, I'm at work right now. Summitric, myself and our crew are leaving at roughly 2pm today. The second truck and crew leaves at 4pm, Bbtoys is on the highway at about 10am and Gerald and his partner are there sometime today. Should be a great weekend.
YeeHaw!!!
Its almost 8am and the Sledbunnyracing crew hasn't left Edmonton yet.... or do they all have them fancy ass cell phones that have full access to the internet everywhere they go so they are driving down highway 16 on their Palm Treo's typing messages onto the Snowandmud.com board.

Whatever way you guys are posting, have a good safe trip, and bring back pictures. Don't let the young bucks out do ya!

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Gps Does Wonders

I'm presently sitting up at the gas drop in renshaw beside the cabin, and using our gps to message in and see whazzup.......... Actually be leaving around noon or so(remember we have kids this weekend........ A little lower adreneline rush, than normal i guess. Putting one of my kids on my 670x mod, and i guess i'm a little nervous about that???:eek: can you tell my 12yr old son is excited by his above thread???

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Seems he might be a little bit excited to be going.... Don't blame him though..... He's starting young, I never even got into the sport till I was 18, next year I will have another machine!!!!!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to try for one more ride this year, April 21/22, anybody heading to McBride that weekend?

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
hey snochuk

Yup we're in McBride right now.......... Saturday at 8:00am was heavy snow and rain while unloading. We played in the lower cutblock @ km 20 and had a good fire and hotdogs and lots of playing..... then blasted up to the cabin to find the sun coming out......... wow, what an awesome day. some carnage by some of our crew(damn trees jumped in the way of a few of our guys)... trees 2, bunny team 0........ also broke the crankshaft on our 670x mod(damn - it was running fine too). did lots of boonin and climbing. saw a few minor avalanches/sluffs brought down while climbing. Even got out highmarked by a turbo, only because he could.......... great day, lots of sunshine and sunburns and blown motor, and 2 broken bumpers(not mine). just got out of the hottub,(after that long trip back to the truck with the broken sled) -- my 13 yearold(birthday is today) ---juniorhighmark--- rode the dead sled all the way back(except for the first couple kms). what a trooper......... raining hard in town tonite(should translate to lots of fresh pow on the hill tomorrow.... yahoooooo. hey Katmandoodoo, you missed a good trip.:D

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks,sounds like an expensive one.Glad you guys are having fun.Happy b-day to the son/daughter??????not sure but anyway.Post a few pics,make us real jealous!
catmando!:birthday2:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear you're having lots of fun...there only sled parts. Hope the young guys have a blast, you never can have to many sledders! Next weekend three of us are going to McBride and weather permitting we are going to "Weasel Ridge" and Interpass Ridge(Past Spirit Lake) on Saturday. Sunday we are going to one of our bush bashing spots. If you're interested P.M. me. Is Renshaw badly pounded or does it matter with warm temps and soft afternoon snow?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Day Two

For day two Summitric and I decided to head up to Lucille. Just before unloading we noticed that the rails on the 800 RMK had cracked at a bolt hole on both rails so we were now down by three sleds out of 5. We hooked up with Bbtoys and his son at the staging point. Our group had two sleds riding two up, not the best but still better than not riding. Lucille had roughly a foot of new "Untracked" snow for us to play in...and sunny all day long....
We had one incident - Summitric's 15 year old daughter was high marking and rolled. She ended getting hit by the sled and we think she fractured a rib or two. The was in a ton of pain but stuck it out for a couple of hours so that her brohter and my son could bang away a bit longer. Summitric had her at the hospital when we got home last night at about midnight. I'm sure he will update us later. I got it on video and will post that tomorrow as per Summitric's daughters request. Thanks to the other groups of riders who rushed over to help us out as well.
Also wanted to than Bbtoys for the exciting ride back to the trucks...did you know if you follow that little unmarked trail off the main trail it drops into no mans land (lol :) ) and you can't find your vehicles from there...where did that creek come from....it's all good, whe had a blast and I look forward to the next ride with Bbtoys in the futher. Pictures and video will follow later this week.

Cheers

:D :D :D :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom