M1000 secondary clutch

GPsnownut

Reaction score
Anyone install the RK tek secondary on 08 M1000, and did it make a lot of difference performance wise, and is it easy to adjust?

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone install the RK tek secondary on 08 M1000, and did it make a lot of difference performance wise, and is it easy to adjust?

Got one for my 07 but still not sold on it. working out a few belt blowing issues. I think I may have been running the wrong setup. but run out of winter before I can could figure it out. I think that I have it dialed it now but need to run it this winter to confirm. PM me if interested in my experience and we can discuss

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had one on my 08 m1000 and loved it. It was a world of difference and mine was set up by Glenn at spindrift and I would buy one again without hesitation.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant understand why people are having problem with them. I talked to 8 other guys last year who had teh RKTek and and none of us had any issues with the shifting up or back. Did you guys all set them up right? I am not trying to start a war but it was the world of difference on mine. I never blew any belts either with it.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the Rk tek sec on my M1000 and once you get them set-up they work awesome.. I dont blow belts and it upshifts and backshifts great..

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was all the rage for a while but it now seems lots of guys are having just as many issues setting them up as they were working with the stock DD.

ajay

Reaction score
Have one on my 07 M1000 since new, still on original belt, 1400 miles, clutching way better than stock setup and doesnt run away on down hill accents. I like it.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know that i have had quite a few people phoning looking for them this year already.. I sold lots of them last season..

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run a straight 36 degree with DD purple spring. adjust till shift is good both up and down.

Top Bottom