Long Lake area

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CATPRIDE, I am planning on riding this weekend, not sure where we will be riding, either around long lake area or going to up Cylde Westlock

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will be at Skelton Lake and riding down the pipeline on Saturday. Probably down to smoky, your welcome to join us.

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Letting everyone know that we got about another 3 inches of snow over night,(and still snowing) so the riding should be good this weekend out around lake lake.

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A group of us sledded from Long Lake along the White earth valley via some pastures, meadows, lakes, etc plus a few wrong turns to Smokey Lake for burgers and beers. Travel time to Smokey was approx 4hrs covering 50 miles. Return trip via the pipeline was 2hrs and covered 36 miles. It was a great day of sledding and snow conditions were great, lots of powder in the fields and even the pipeline wasn't pounded out. Thanks to Jason, Gerrard and Dean for being our tour guides. :Snowmobile1::thumbsup2:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Long Lake snow last weekend

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 75

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well folks it's not the mountians but it sure is good at the lake.
Still ran into a lot of top water on the slews I was travelling on, be cautious out there.
The creek at the north end is full of holes.

The best part of snowmobiling at the lake is coming up, we should get at least another two feet by the end of february to mid march

Be safe
Don
P.S. That Black Apex is my new ride

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, is decent conditions for sure. Had a good ride Saturday in the Razorback area. One of our party tried to climb, but spun out near top on some ice, sled heading down backwards, but kept it straight and no damage. Let's hope for some more snow soon.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been there, done that, and bought the windshield, that hill can bite you so bad when it has iced up and then snowed over it.
Don

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking about heading up to waskatenau on weekend,we usually ride from gibbons but snow is pretty skinny.Any info on going north from there,like exploring but ditch banging is ok,don't want to make anyone mad.How's the snow,has the iron horse trail got snow?
thanks for any info.
timbo

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Thinking about heading up to waskatenau on weekend,we usually ride from gibbons but snow is pretty skinny.Any info on going north from there,like exploring but ditch banging is ok,don't want to make anyone mad.How's the snow,has the iron horse trail got snow?
thanks for any info.
timbo

Timbo, I live in Cardiff, just south of Morinville. Normally I ride the ditches as well. Last weekend we trailered up to Waskatenaue and did the Iron horse all the way to Cold Lake and back. Coming from Morinville as you know the snow has that icy sheen on it. Seems like as soon as you get to Waskatenaue someone flicks the snow switch......the trails were good and we passed the groomer twice. The snow was good though in the Smokey lake and east areas.....
Here's pics from that trip... Shaw Photo Share

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for any info.
timbo

Timbo, laast weekend we rode on the pipeline between smoky lake and boyle and all day we were in two feet of fresh. If you need maps I can help you out, let me know.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Timbo, I live in Cardiff, just south of Morinville. Normally I ride the ditches as well. Last weekend we trailered up to Waskatenaue and did the Iron horse all the way to Cold Lake and back. Coming from Morinville as you know the snow has that icy sheen on it. Seems like as soon as you get to Waskatenaue someone flicks the snow switch......the trails were good and we passed the groomer twice. The snow was good though in the Smokey lake and east areas.....
Here's pics from that trip... Shaw Photo Share

hey duck i got one of your spacers on my zx800 met you at riverside one night after work,works good.thanks for info,is there any trails off the IHT.
can you play on the IHT or is it just trail riding.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Timbo, laast weekend we rode on the pipeline between smoky lake and boyle and all day we were in two feet of fresh. If you need maps I can help you out, let me know.

maps would be:cool: where is pipeline from smokey? been on pipeline before but from longlake area.how long of a ride from smokey to boyle via pipe line,that might be a option. pm me maps or e-mail, thanks alot.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Looks like a few of us are heading out to Waskatenaue on sunday.... Wouldn't mind hooking up with a few of the locals out there and ride towards Long Lake.....and a place called the Canyon?

Top Bottom