Left hand throttle on '10 800 Summit??

smiley1

Reaction score
Quick question; what's the best left hand throttle that would work on a 2010 800 Summit? Easy to install; easy to use; etc.etc.? Need some input; thanks; Smiley :)

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey frank, i started a topic on the same subject...here's the link.
ski-doo snowmobile forums - DOOTalk.com

i was thinking of going with the Snowbunje one...but after hearing about the "schooled" video by chris burandt and brett rasmussen, and i might not bother with a left throttle at all.

Found thread on dootalk.com

Honda619

Reaction score
I have a lefty throttle assembly for sale- taking it off my 08 XP. Need to raise some cash to help pay for damages due to lefty throttle. I was warned when I bought it that they can cause lots of damage and sure enough I wiped out and was not wearing my emergency rip cord- hand guard spun around and pinned the lefty throttle open as I watched her head down the hill and launch approx. 50 feet into a tree. PM me if you are interested in purchasing mine. :eek: :eek::rant::rant:

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Danny, i have a throttle logic left hand kit, that i am not using anymore. It works very well and will take you 10 min to install yourself. i am in St.Paul too.
780-614-8082 if interested.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the goldfinger has worked well for me also, i like mine dont use it very much but there is always that 1 time i need it and its there to help, goldfinger has a lock clip also if your worried about hitting it.

Honda619

Reaction score
Forgot to attach picture of my lefty throttle - its the one on the left by the tree - Can you see it? Notice the fact that there are no sled tracks heading to tree? Thats cause it was doing 50MPH in the frickin' air.

Attachments

• DSCN0707.jpg
    DSCN0707.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 148

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forgot to attach picture of my lefty throttle - its the one on the left by the tree - Can you see it? Notice the fact that there are no sled tracks heading to tree? Thats cause it was doing 50MPH in the frickin' air.

Awww lol im sorry but i couldnt help but laugh, hopefully you get your sled fixed!!

Rammit07

Reaction score
Gold finger worked well on my 08 Xp, I never bothered putting one on my 2010 & from the looks of these pics F--- That

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

had and have lefty throttles on all my sleds great when you need them keep them locked off when you dont looks like the moral to the story is always hook your tether even when your loading and unloading lefty throttle since 1998 never had a throttle related wreck:nono:

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
I have one and it is not worth the risk, I have had two close calls with it and only use it on the trail when i get thumb fatigue on my right hand and i need to rest my thumb.
mine is an older model without a lock out pin.

Top Bottom