Johnny Hockey - Hit By Drunk Driver

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep sad news. Only 31. His brother also was killed at the same time. He was 29. Sad it happened but a day away from his sisters wedding is even more sad. RIP Johnny Hockey.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Johnny hockey was not only a great player but a great family man ... so sad.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not defending the drunk driver by no means but the guy or girl playing KAREN who pulled into the opposite lane to block the DD from passing is also to blame a bit I think. See this lots on YouTube, people driving like miss daisy and are getting passed. They don’t agree with the passing and switch lanes to block the person passing usually causing accidents when they think they are saving the world. Big loss for hockey and his family though, he was a stud of a player that’s for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read that the driver went wide to go around the 2 people on bikes. Not to block him. He thought they were trying to block him so he went to the inside...and hit them

Of course that’s what the person that went wide would say after it caused an accident. Would only really know if a guy was there I guess. Initial one I read last night just said that he swerved in front of the guy passing. If he was the front runner you would think he would have saw the bikers much before this and would have been going wide earlier and the other guy he passed didn’t swing wide. To all of the sudden swing out into the other lane at the last second seems fishy in my eyes. And if guys were riding the road on bikes off to the side would they really need a driver to swing wide to avoid them? Who knows I guess. One YouTube crash I saw with a guy swinging wide said he swerved because he was stung by a bee in his car, everyone has an excuse when it doesn’t turn out how they thought

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of course that’s what the person that went wide would say after it caused an accident. Would only really know if a guy was there I guess. Initial one I read last night just said that he swerved in front of the guy passing. If he was the front runner you would think he would have saw the bikers much before this and would have been going wide earlier and the other guy he passed didn’t swing wide. To all of the sudden swing out into the other lane at the last second seems fishy in my eyes. And if guys were riding the road on bikes off to the side would they really need a driver to swing wide to avoid them? Who knows I guess. One YouTube crash I saw with a guy swinging wide said he swerved because he was stung by a bee in his car, everyone has an excuse when it doesn’t turn out how they thought

Attachments

• ffff.gif
    ffff.gif
    3.1 MB · Views: 79

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What different does it make anyways?? The guy that hit the two Gaudreaus was legally drunk. He should have never been on the road in the first place. Pin him to the wall and make an example of him.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What different does it make anyways?? The guy that hit the two Gaudreaus was legally drunk. He should have never been on the road in the first place. Pin him to the wall and make an example of him.

Oh for sure like I said I wasn’t defending him, just stating facts I read and things I see as a growing trend out there on the roads.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always go wide if I can. Whether it be cyclists, broken down vehicles or whatever. Never know I'd they are gonna pop a tire and fall over, or walk around their vehicle or jump out for an insurance claim haha.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always go wide if I can. Whether it be cyclists, broken down vehicles or whatever. Never know I'd they are gonna pop a tire and fall over, or walk around their vehicle or jump out for an insurance claim haha.

I do as well when I can, if there is vehicles around me I usually won’t, and especially if someone is passing me or is about too. The growing majority of people never look in their rear view mirror or side mirrors anymore. Back up cameras and blind spot monitoring sensors have made it so most now are tunnel vision drivers.

Top Bottom