January Conditions

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Jan 18 - We rode silent pass, the trail up was great just groomed and was in excellent condition. The end pull up was good as well. The snow varied depending which bowl you were in. It was between 5" - 16" of powder. In the tree's while boondocking you could find more, I know I did :D. There was alot of sleds out today but there is still areas you can play without looking. It was snowing good when we headed back so Im sure alot of the tracks are gone. The trail was not bad heading home either, it was a little rough at the start but I found it good the remaining way to the truck.

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Jan 20 - We were in gorman, the snow varied in each bowl we played in today. But one of the guys made a comment I thought was quite real, " It is Hero Snow" It was set up enough that in alot of area's you could go anywhere. First we headed east and it was between 8" to 2'+ deep in the bushes. There was a few area's there I got off my sled and it was up to my waist, boondocking that was though. Mostly just above the knee's. Then we headed to the west and it seemed a little deeper there. It was getting quite pounded, alot of sleds, but there was still alot of area's that were untouched.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to know there's snow around there. I boarded at the Kicking Horse Resort on Friday and they don't have any new snow on the runs. Very hard on my tail bone. FYI - Kicking Horse is not the best place for beginners or intermediates. Even the locals said not to trust the signs for the runs.

I got lots of looks though since I decided I wasn't buying a new jacket and wore my AFX pullover. I needed a sign on my back - YOU CAN FIND YOUR OWN POWDER WITH A SNOWMOBILE.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jan 20 - We were in gorman, the snow varied in each bowl we played in today. But one of the guys made a comment I thought was quite real, " It is Hero Snow" It was set up enough that in alot of area's you could go anywhere. First we headed east and it was between 8" to 2'+ deep in the bushes. There was a few area's there I got off my sled and it was up to my waist, boondocking that was though. Mostly just above the knee's. Then we headed to the west and it seemed a little deeper there. It was getting quite pounded, alot of sleds, but there was still alot of area's that were untouched.

ya
HERO SNOW
everyone needs to be a HERO once and a while:D

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya
HERO SNOW
everyone needs to be a HERO once and a while:D

That one way street up betwwen the the rocks and the trees was a sweet line to pull. Without "hero snow" she coulda got real interesting. We shoulda got video of that poke. :)

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That one way street up betwwen the the rocks and the trees was a sweet line to pull. Without "hero snow" she coulda got real interesting. We shoulda got video of that poke. :)

I got video of that poke
I have been working all day
I will try and post tonite, video didnt make it seem so intense, the ledge on the left looks so small but it would have been ugly if I went over...

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hero snow or not it looked damn nice from the bottom. good job , cant wait for the vid.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got video of that poke
I have been working all day
I will try and post tonite, video didnt make it seem so intense, the ledge on the left looks so small but it would have been ugly if I went over...

Yep, my-bro-in-law and I were impressed when you hit that. I can vouch for ya on the big set of balls it took to commit to that pull. I'm looking forward to seeing the vid.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, my-bro-in-law and I were impressed when you hit that. I can vouch for ya on the big set of balls it took to commit to that pull. I'm looking forward to seeing the vid.

should be up tonite
work gets in the way of my life DAMN:D

buckshot

Reaction score
I am heading to Golden for Jan 29-Feb3 and I have never rode there. I was looking on some websites and they say the trails up are 100km to 160km??? Seems a little far to me. From the trucks how far is the alpine at Silent Pass? I ride Blue River, Valemount and McBride mostly and rarely pack extra fuel, but do we need to here?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I am heading to Golden for Jan 29-Feb3 and I have never rode there. I was looking on some websites and they say the trails up are 100km to 160km??? Seems a little far to me. From the trucks how far is the alpine at Silent Pass? I ride Blue River, Valemount and McBride mostly and rarely pack extra fuel, but do we need to here?

HI BUCKSHOT.... FROM THE STAGING AREA AT SILENT PASS THAT IS ABOUT KM 20, THE RIDE TO THE ALPINE IS ABOUT 35 - 40KMS OF WELL GROOMED SUPERHIWAY LIKE RIDING..... BUT THE LAST 3 OR 4 KMS IS QUITE AN EXPERIENCE, THAT EVERYONE SHOULD ENJOY....... ENJOY SILENT PASS, ITS AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom