How do you get rid of ants in a lawn????

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I worked at public works..

The chemical guy had a licence to spray.
He gave me some stuff a few years ago for ants.
Wow ants gone..

As Bogger said the better stuff is at UFA or a chemical place.
May need a farmer to get it for you

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dew works create "casels" that wreck nice lawns! they can tottaly wreck a yard!
yep, my sisters place in town as dew worms, and her lawn is horrible for lumps and bumps! all from the worms! ironically, one of the best solutions for getting rid of the worms is ANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
yep, my sisters place in town as dew worms, and her lawn is horrible for lumps and bumps! all from the worms! ironically, one of the best solutions for getting rid of the worms is ANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

have you ever heard about the old lady who swallowed a fly??????

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Malathion is hands down the best ant killer going. Available at the Co-op or Ufa, not sure about home depot or revy. Been using this for a few years now and it has had a 100% kill rate for me, any ant pile will be dead in a couple of hours. This isn't even recommended for ants, it is used for killing bugs on your plants or bushes. Will not harm your lawn.

I agree :) I have used this and it does work good !!!

BombardierBratz

Reaction score
I used to smoke. Take a pail outside where you smoke. Collect the butts over a months time as it collects rain water. Pour the "broth" on the ant hill & BAM! Dead ants! The rest die of cancer, or move away to get jobs to support their nicotine dependance.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Malathion is hands down the best ant killer going. Available at the Co-op or Ufa, not sure about home depot or revy. Been using this for a few years now and it has had a 100% kill rate for me, any ant pile will be dead in a couple of hours. This isn't even recommended for ants, it is used for killing bugs on your plants or bushes. Will not harm your lawn.

I missed this the other day. Doo you use the Malathion mixed as one would for aphids?

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
I did not get a chance to stop by the UFA this past weekend...bounced this off the drunks at the fire Saturday and Malathion will be my next try...

...anyone know where to get it in Edmonton...I'm not a farmer and might have issues at the UFA:

Malathion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yhst-46771492516079_2117_235769910.jpg

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok start yelling at me now cause not one person has said it....
GAS kills ants dead

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i didn't want to read everybodies ideas but that one does work.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Ok start yelling at me now cause not one person has said it....
GAS kills ants dead

works awesome on ground wasp nests as well.....

Pour 2-10L into the entry whole (as much as you can before getting stung) run a trail of gas 3ft long for every litre poured into the hole.....

Light the end of the gas trail..... this will send a fireball into the sky like Butch's gas bombs, then it will rain down fried wasp carcuses.... really cool...

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I really like the way you think!! :beer::d:beer:

I was asked to get rid of some worms in a lawn and found out this works for ants also lol.

-take a extention cord and cut the end off one end
-find two steel rods about 12 inches long
-split the cord so you have about 5 feet of the insulted wire hanging out (remove the outer cover)
-take the white wire and and strip back the insulation and use a hose clamp to hold the bare wire to the steel rod.
-do the same with the black wire to the other rod

do yo see where Im going with this??????

-push the rods into the ground about 5-10 feet apart or closer if you have the ant nest in sight.
-water the ground with a sprinkler or hose
-remove the sprinkler
-plug the extention cord into a plug outlet.......but it has to be a inside plug so it is not a GFI plug or it with just trip the breaker.

oh and dont stand on the wet ground when some one plugs it in......and keep all pets out of the area!

I find about 1 minute, makes them smoke!

dont let the kids play with this when done! if you have worms they will come shooting out of the ground but remember to unplug the cord before going near!

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
works awesome on ground wasp nests as well.....

Pour 2-10L into the entry whole (as much as you can before getting stung) run a trail of gas 3ft long for every litre poured into the hole.....

Light the end of the gas trail..... this will send a fireball into the sky like Butch's gas bombs, then it will rain down fried wasp carcuses.... really cool...

never tried to light them on fire , i have issues with fire and lighting things on fire , example camp fire little wet ahh use a bit of gas, get a bit on chair bit on 10x10 shelter.. one match later .. hole in chair holes in shelter ,,, other half yelling at me like im 7 years old..

Top Bottom