Got a Crank ??

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need a Crankshaft for a 02' 800 RMK Edge / Escape.

Anyone out their with some spare parts or a complete engine >?

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look on ebay, i bought one that was rebuilt with the tough boy bering kit installed for $500, had it in 2.5 weeks, i had no luck finding one around home here.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll check it out, Thanks

SLEDHEAD 900RMK

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. You can call Recreation Supply out of Saskatoon SK.1-800-667-7669. They have two different type. One has a heavy PTO. I think this means it has a double bearing on that side. $500.00 for regular crank and heavy PTO one is $531.00. Plus they will bill you $200.00 for core. Then send them the core in the box when you take the new crank out off and you will get the $200.00 back. If you call them they can let you know if they deal with any dealers close to you. Then you can figure out which will work out cheaper. With freight and so on. Might be a little more going threw a dealer, but might be less hassle. Not woundering if old crank makes it back.:d Hope this helps you.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much, this is the best deal so far that i can find. I appreciate it. I will be calling them tomorrow. I havn't had a good look at it yet, I've been putting it off...when something like this goes should I be considering replacing or upgrading anything else? I will have to have a real good look at the case and make sure it is good to go before installing the new Crank. Buddy @ Sled Shed said their was minimal piston damage, slight pitting on the bottom end, Top end looked mint. (it was just done yr before last) I will probibly go with the heavy dutyier crank out of the two. Will the heavyier crank fit in the original case, or should i just get a new case just incase?

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the crank with the upgraded bearings fits in the original you will have to drill a 15/64 hole where the bearings meet to get more oil in the new bearing, other than that it is pretty easy to change out.... good luck

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So finally had a chance to work on the sled today, pulled the engine...looks like I don't need a new crank after all Crank looks fine so far...the bearings were siezed onto the Crank, managed to get it unsiezed but does not feel proper, PTO shaft is in good shape, and nothing apears to be broken. My guesse is the bearings are siezed as i hear this happens OFTEN at 3000 miles. I will be purchasing the new upgraded "tough boy" bearing kit that is out, I will probibly put in the tougher PTO on as well while i have it apart. My question is to all you guys that have been in this situation before, should i take the case into somewhere/someone who know's what they are doing? when you you goto (Indy Dan) he talks about how important it is to have a skilled person perform this operation:

"We have been measuring all crankcase that come thru the shop, After measuring Used, & New Crank cases I must say you should NOT assemble your motor without having it checked. The Crank Case bearing fit is the single most important factor to keep your 800 Polaris running for years to come. & to keep the crank straight and tru. Consider this - 9 out of 10 cases need to be Line bored."

Has anyone else had their old Cases Line bored before installing these new bearings? How did you know it was true, and everything was good to go? Torqued to spec etc...

Any response to this matter would be greatly appreciated, Also if somone knows of somone who does this sort of thing in Alberta I would simply bring it to them. I would prefer not to send my short block to the USA for repair if i could get around it.

Thanks

Busted/Broken down 03' RMK 800 Edge
Thinkin' about slammin' in a PSI/Genesis - 1085cc V.E.P. oh yeah~!~!

1968chevy

Reaction score
Yes that sucks PTO side crank snapped on my 2000 800 RMK had it checked out and nothing had to be done. Had a friend (mechanic) put the motor together. Give KEN a call at Mountain Magic in Edmonton and see what advise he has for you 1 877 474 9400. Maybe they have a motor for you.

ROSS

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks I'll give him a call but I think I'll be sending my short block down to the USA for a tweaking c/o Indy Dan aka Indy Specialties.

Doo799

Reaction score
Phone Rob at the Mod Shop in Grande Prairie he can fix you up. His # is 780-538-3602 he has done alot of those crank kits.

Top Bottom