Gems Fuel Controller

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey man I wonder if anyone can answer a question I have about my gems fuel controller, when I installed my turbo kit the instructions had the gems sensing line is attached to the intake manifold pre-throttle body, can I attach the sensing line behind the throttle bodies so it adjusts for what the engine actually is seeing for pressure. Can the gems box handle vacuum? I think the controller is seeing boost at its current sensing point early. Any help would be great.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GEMS box dont like vacuum. they default and go lean if they sense vacuum.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey man I wonder if anyone can answer a question I have about my gems fuel controller, when I installed my turbo kit the instructions had the gems sensing line is attached to the intake manifold pre-throttle body, can I attach the sensing line behind the throttle bodies so it adjusts for what the engine actually is seeing for pressure. Can the gems box handle vacuum? I think the controller is seeing boost at its current sensing point early. Any help would be great.
I run a s/c apex from mpi and it has a gems programer and the programer is hooked up to the hose just before the bov valve which has no vacum but u do need that hose hooked up to the gems If u don't their is a very good chance u will blow the engine real quick I almost did it myself. The best thing I did is had the sled diled in by the dealer because I installed my s/c myself and they found I few things I had missed and the hose to the gems was the most important. This happened because the directions for the install where very vage so if u had the same type of directions I would take it to the dealer and see if u missed anything a cheap cost for the money u spent. good luck

Top Bottom