Dodge ram heated seat issue

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My drivers side heated seat button blinks when ignition is turned on and the heated seat wont work. This is the upper light on the button?? Any ideas. My truck is a 2006 ram 2500 diesel.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is from my service manual

Attachments

• seat diagnosis.JPG
    seat diagnosis.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 624

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im having the same problem with my truck but havent had the time to tear into it. Have you found the issue / fixed it yet? just curious to what fixed your issue. thanks .. cheers! :beer:

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im having the same problem with my truck but havent had the time to tear into it. Have you found the issue / fixed it yet? just curious to what fixed your issue. thanks .. cheers! :beer:

No i have not touched it yet. I talked to a friend at Dodge and he told me that usually repairs on the heated seats are $500 and with christmas coming soon it just slid down the priority list.

Hicktown

Reaction score
I'm having the same trouble with my '01, first the passenger seat quit, now the driver seat. One blinks with the "high" light, the other with the "low" light. These don't sound easy or fun to fix...

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check all of your connections under the seat had one on my 01 dodge come loose and it did same thing light was flashing seat didn't work. If element itself is NFG dodge will charge some coin.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
9 times out of 10 it's the element has gone bad.

as mentioned here the element in my truck went bad also..

i just bought a new to me 06 ram and the seat wasn't working and the drivers side switch was blinking when i took it for a test drive. Upon negotiation we agree'd that they (dealership) would fix the seat before i took possession.

kathrines

Reaction score
Pretty amazing how quick that high dollar problem goes out. My '06 Laramie 2500 has the driver side blinking on the seat and back heater. If it's $500 at the dealer then I may have to tough it out! The light flashes sometimes and does nothing other times.

burns69

Reaction score
im having the sam issue with my d/s seat, the high led will flash and the seat will not work. passenger side works fine. however when i switch the seats <driver to passenger> the drivers seat will work perfect in the passenger spot and the passenger seat will cause the d/s switch to flash. i bought a new switch hoping it would be that but it wasnt. any ideas on where to look?? or do i have to pull the carpet out of my power wagon :( thanks for any insite to this $hitty issue

fitter12

Reaction score
Check for a re-call there was an issue with power heated seats if I remember correct. Could cause a fire. I was on a forum where one guy lost his truck to a fire..

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dads 04 has has 370,000 km on it, seats are worn right out, but heat still works great.

sent from a phone

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
speaking of heated seats ............. i am looking for a set for my 2000 dodge ...power, leather , black or gray , heated , no rips

kathrines

Reaction score
Scheduled to have my d/s seat checked. They checked, worked fine when left. The weather turned cool, not working. Scheduled appt. again, the weather was warm that day, working fine so they could do nothing. Strange, it will work fine on warm days but not at all on cool days. First time they worked on it (dealership) was no charge, second time they said they would have to charge me (that was a warm day and they did not work on it) - go figure!

AC550

Reaction score
im having the same issue and i had my mechanic look into it and he said its either one of the coils or both and they need to be replaced and he told me it can get pretty pricey

Marksdodge

Reaction score
This is the same issue I have, the heated drivers seat works in warm weather above 60 degrees, and once the truck is warmed up (operating temp that is) but if its cold out it does not work , but it will work when it's cold out when truck is warmed up???
passenger seat works completely fine
2006 dodge ram 3500, diesel ,automatic ,leather, Laramie ,crew, 4x4

Top Bottom