Do you SLED SKI, we need some quick support !

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Valemount is working on a snowmobile assisted ski hill just south of town. Basically similar to a downhill mountain bike facility, just with sleds and boards instead of trucks and bikes. Approx 2000' vertical feet ! We have been working on this project for about two years and currently have the access road in, and one run done. A major bridge will be installed this summer to legitimize access and we are hoping to have the grand opening in Dec 2012.

We are applying for further funding through a community grant program and have public presentations next wednesday where the public votes on their most important projects and these results are taken into heavy consideration when the committee makes the final funding decisions.

I understand that most people cannot make the meeting but if you would use or appreciate this type of facility and have two minutes to email a quick statement of support for the project to the email addresses below, before monday morning, it would be greatly appreciated and a large benefit to our project.

mayor@valemount.ca
editor@thevalleysentinel.com
goatnewspaper@gmail.com

The pic below is of the existing run. We are applying for 4-5 more.

Thank you !

Attachments

• DSCN0182.jpg
    DSCN0182.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 714

Mayfly

Reaction score
Awesome concept Curtis, sent you an e-mail and sent a letter to the 3 e-mail addresses.
Mayfly

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
That sucks Curtis, now I'm gonna b forced to bring the kids

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its is, but thanks for the offer. There were a lot of applicants this year and all great projects, we ended up getting just under half of our requested funding, but this will still allow us to open the facility next year with four runs totalling over 8000 vertical feet !

Its going to be a busy summer as we have three runs to glade, and a 100' bridge to install as well as general prep for the areas grand opening in winter 2012

Below is an arial photo of the current run that is in place, a google image of the planned completion for fall and a smiling test rider! Really an exciting project to be involved in.

Attachments

• !cid_DDD92993-988D-451C-B125-049025F1E9A7.jpg
    !cid_DDD92993-988D-451C-B125-049025F1E9A7.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 238
  • Google Image of facility expections for fall 2012 Grand opening.jpg
    Google Image of facility expections for fall 2012 Grand opening.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 235
  • edit jared Greg smiles front.jpg
    edit jared Greg smiles front.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 236

thecheyner

Reaction score
Really cool concept, I usually ride fernie, golden and revy, backcountry snow-mo-boarding, but i'll definitely be coming up to valemount to check out your vision. Are there going to be trail fees?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Awesome idea Curtis!I'm not much on non-motorized sports but I'm sure I can haul the kids up the hill!!!

Top Bottom