Crowsnest Pictures (March 1st)

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple us Calgary guys got down to the Crowsnest to do some riding this weekend. Mostly windswept, but we still had some fun!

Shiznit1000 made some interesting moments to capture on camera! Also met some Pitcher Creek guys launching off a kicker. Hopefully they dont mind pictures being posted!

jpg01.jpg

jpg02.jpg

jpg03.jpg

jpg04.jpg

jpg05.jpg

jpg06.jpg

jpg07.jpg

jpg08.jpg

jpg09.jpg

jpg10.jpg

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Ron,

Just use an entry level DSLR. The Canon Xti. I'd like a 40D, but packing a $1400 camera and two $1400 lenses with me is asking a bit much when I fall off. I use the 70-200 F2.8 L lens the most. Keeps me out of harms way and allows me to get some tight shots. Could use a 300mm too, but I think the shorter range of the 70mm makes it decent to capture most activities. F2.8 is def. not needed unless you want the short DOF. The shutter speed is almost always maxed out so I shoot most around F4.

Ian, I like the picture of goggles. If you look at the reflection you can see both Colin and myself. haha. I laughed when I saw that. I took some of the colour out so it's easier to see, otherwise your goggles give out more of a reddish tint.

I always have more pictures, but posting takes time dealing with changing formats, resizing, uploading, and finally posting so I only post a sample.

Let me know when you have the videos up!

PS: I found out my bumper is only about $120 off e-bay. That's not cheap, but better then I thought it would be! Stupid trees.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pictures. I am heading down there next weekend. Hopefully will have good weather and lots of snow.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pictures. I am heading down there next weekend. Hopefully will have good weather and lots of snow.

Keep your eye on the weather. They haven't had any fresh snow and the warm double positive digit weather has really hardened and windswept everything. Not to say it was bad, but little boondocking to be had. I found a few spots, but they were far and few. Lots of drifts to play on though.

I have my fingers crossed for more snow. I like riding that area and finally had a chance to explore.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep your eye on the weather. They haven't had any fresh snow and the warm double positive digit weather has really hardened and windswept everything. Not to say it was bad, but little boondocking to be had. I found a few spots, but they were far and few. Lots of drifts to play on though.

I have my fingers crossed for more snow. I like riding that area and finally had a chance to explore.

Thanks for the update.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pics, looks like you have a good camera... Let ur Snow!!!

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes great pics, youmust see the vid. i didd fall off, bashed my knee and rib. all very sore but did not reck the day. was just a hard bad landing. was funnier then hell, a must see.
good job on the bumper did you buy it?

GRD

Reaction score
Any of you Calgary guys going to make it out tomorrow night to Schanks north?

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes great pics, youmust see the vid. i didd fall off, bashed my knee and rib. all very sore but did not reck the day. was just a hard bad landing. was funnier then hell, a must see.
good job on the bumper did you buy it?

Haha..

I had plans of making a little slide show of your fall. I have like 7 or 8 pictures of the even to show it it unfolding. As it was a bit serious at the time, knowing you lived I can laugh about it now. hahaha

Nope, no bumper yet. Going to see if I can find a used one. No big hurry.

Tuesday night Shanks north? I guess I could see. Never planned on it! (never knew about it! haha)

GRD

Reaction score
Haha..

I had plans of making a little slide show of your fall. I have like 7 or 8 pictures of the even to show it it unfolding. As it was a bit serious at the time, knowing you lived I can laugh about it now. hahaha

Nope, no bumper yet. Going to see if I can find a used one. No big hurry.

Tuesday night Shanks north? I guess I could see. Never planned on it! (never knew about it! haha)

Changed the date... Check it out in the events page...

Top Bottom