Can you guys give me sugestions..

HardcoreRMK

Reaction score
got and 06 apex mtn it's got a stage 2b supercharger in it and has stock hood and small air intake..when you're in the pow and it starts going on the hood and in where the air box was it starts to bog out.. need sugestions don't want to change the hood yet..I don't mind cutting..help before that fatty gets stuck...

:hand:

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've just drilled the holes up front (under the bumper) and covered with frog skin and then pet screen (to protect the frog skin from branches - that stuff is expensive). And I have also covered the grey vents in the side panels with pet screen. That has helped them stay clear of snow. Those grey vents seemed to be design to trap snow and plug off. With pet screen on them they are flush with the panel itself and stay reasonably clear of snow. I'm only running a stage 1 though - that may not be enough for stage 2b.

I know some guys have extended the air intake to above the hood. I like it under the hood them I'm not worrying about it being scraped off by branches. You could try drilling holes above the intake and covering with frog skin or pet screen.

All that snow on the hood helps keep the intercooler cool, of course too much is just dead weight.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother runs a stage 2 and we ride alot of powder, his intake is run through the hood, they do have to breath. Even through the hood you may still in certain powder conditions have it loose power. Hope this helps.

HardcoreRMK

Reaction score
alright guys thanks think I'm going to have half of it out of the hood and the other half in side with frog skin or something...

Top Bottom