Cabins to stay at in golden

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure exactly what you are looking for?
There is a place just outside of Golden, Campers Haven RV and tent park. They had cabins, a small motel and a campground. They used to let you unload your Atv’s, Jeeps etc in the campgrounds and travel up into the backcountry.
I believe it is also a way into Chatter Creek and other campgrounds along the way.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stayed at the old converted school in Donald many times,had a lot adventures up at Chatter and some late night adventures in the shop as well!

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stayed at the old converted school in Donald many times,had a lot adventures up at Chatter and some late night adventures in the shop as well!
That’s a long way from Donald to either Chatter or Hope. Especially if the B road isn’t plowed.
Haven’t been that way in a few years, have the Chatter crew kept the road open?

Rode one time from the susan lake corner to the back end of Hope… that was a long way

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s a long way from Donald to either Chatter or Hope. Especially if the B road isn’t plowed.

Rode one time from the susan lake corner to the back end of Hope… that was a long way
Been a long time for me,if I remember correctly we drove in about 50-60 km with truck.Last time I was there was April of 2008,got caught in a slide back in the Prattle approximately 30km from Chatter lodge.First and only time I was at 10000ft. on a sled.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Brett were you with Todd when they rode either Chatter or Hope and when they drove out late in the day the road had a big slide that had crossed the road and they had to dig it out with shovels?

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brett were you with Todd when they rode either Chatter or Hope and when they drove out late in the day the road had a big slide that had crossed the road and they had to dig it out with shovels?
Yes… that was the spring of 2016.
Great day of sledding, brutal evening/drive out…. We were riding with Kurt that day, made it back to his place about 1am. He bbq us a steak, we had a beer and went back to town and went to bed.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
slides at the rock bluff happen every year almost. it was shoveled out this year in 2 spots. Bush is typically plowed for the Chatter staff, parking is like km 74 usually. Way too far to go with the kids. Blaeberry is a good run, but not sure about riding right from the cabin there though.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a big slide path around 50km too, and there is no shoveling it out without a d6 or something

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think there was a old chained up grader parked in that area,there was 4 guys went over the edge with crewcab and 4 place inclosed,all survived but iron was a mess I heard.

That one would do some damage. I Almost have been caught on the wrong side of that one.

Got lucky

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That one would do some damage. I Almost have been caught on the wrong side of that one.

Got lucky
In the spring of the late 90’s we were heading down Kinbasket Lake on our quest to ride untouched terrain,the shaded sections of the log road had fairly deep snow and were struggling to get through.There was 2 pickups with decks with the lead truck going back and forth to break a trail through.At about the 40km mark after 6 attempts we moved over to shallower snow closer to the lake(edge).We nearly made it but truck slide sideways and the back passenger tire was sitting on a culvert protruding from under the road when everything stopped.I nearly climbed over the driver to get out,chained up the other pickup and after a lot of shoveling got the lead truck skidded sideways back on the road.Good times lol!

Top Bottom