Boston Bruins

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going to give them some time to nurse the hangovers before I poked the bear
The better Team won not much else to say there. Needed more goal scorers the B,s did and better offensive game stance, rather than defending all the time. Want to see what Sweeney does in the off season with getting some key men installed and getting rid of some of the dead weight. Other than that the Rangers vs Cats will be entertaining to say the least, taken the rangers though. Also took Oilers in my bracket pool long ago so hoping to get 2 points off that as well as i did pick 7 games and Oil to take it. Then i can watch Van fans burn the town down again lol!

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The B,s will be doing some selling this off season for sure, i can see Debrusk, JVR, Shatty, Lucic, Ullmark and a few others heading out. Need to shop for a real 2nd line center and more speed down the middle. Looking like we may have 20+ million cap space going into the off season. Let the shopping begin as the B,s did not make very many moves at TD nor prior. They will need to make some major moves Imo this summer.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lucic needs to retire. He was done in Calgary but well liked for his hustle even though it was as always a step behind

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lucic needs to retire. He was done in Calgary but well liked for his hustle even though it was as always a step behind
I heard a joke during Covid. When everyone else was getting Covid-19 ,Lucic was getting Covid-10😂

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard a joke during Covid. When everyone else was getting Covid-19 ,Lucic was getting Covid-10😂
Yeah I watched him from the stands at the Dome and couldn’t believe someone that slow could make an NHL team but they say he is a great team player

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The upcoming changes to teams is going to be interesting. Between the draft and opening puck drop every team will think they have taken a positive step for their run for the cup.
Some teams need a massive rebuild and others just need a minor tweak here and there or a couple of tweaks.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going to give them some time to nurse the hangovers before I poked the bear
Go ahead and have it at, most Bruin fans were under no illusions of winning the cup this year and at least myself, believes they overachieved this season by a lot IMO.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The B,s will be doing some selling this off season for sure, i can see Debrusk, JVR, Shatty, Lucic, Ullmark and a few others heading out. Need to shop for a real 2nd line center and more speed down the middle. Looking like we may have 20+ million cap space going into the off season. Let the shopping begin as the B,s did not make very many moves at TD nor prior. They will need to make some major moves Imo this summer.
I think DeBrusk stays but JVR, Shatty, Lucic, Hampus, and Ulmark will be headed out the door and hopefully Grizz as well. I think the Bruins have some good young defenseman lined up with Lohrei and Wotherspoon and they need to resign Peeke as I thought he played well once he became acclimated to the Bruins style of play, he's a really good fit. If they trade him, I hope Ulmark goes to a team in the west and not to Carolina or Toronto.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think DeBrusk stays but JVR, Shatty, Lucic, Hampus, and Ulmark will be headed out the door and hopefully Grizz as well. I think the Bruins have some good young defenseman lined up with Lohrei and Wotherspoon and they need to resign Peeke as I thought he played well once he became acclimated to the Bruins style of play, he's a really good fit. If they trade him, I hope Ulmark goes to a team in the west and not to Carolina or Toronto.
You could very well be right @AkNomad, lets see what happens. As Monty put it they need better/more scoring, doubt they will be able to pay Debrusk his asking price though, (maybe). Need to get deeper down the middle and a center man for sure. I think D is good as some of the young fella's like Peeke and L/W will get better with time. As for Ullmark well he has a NTC list so he could very well become hard for the B,s to deal, but Imo they cannot afford both and all the UFA,s they maybe want to keep, without scouting for some depth down the middle and a center man. Possible predictions are 20+ mill cap space, guess we will see what Sea Bass/Sweeney can come up with, i am sure they were both told this by Monty as well.

Black/Gold till i am dead/cold brother:)

1716250414477.png

Last edited:

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty good package in the raffle here. Would be a good trip to an awesome city. Would be awkward meeting the Bruins with my Edmonton jersey on though.

This fundraiser is in memory of my brother who passed away a couple years ago. He worked closely with Brad Marchand's dad and brother developing subdivisions/building houses in Halifax.

This is for any game of the season so you can even go watch your team in Boston like I will be when I win

Screenshot_20240605_081414_Facebook.jpg

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bruins picked up some very nice pieces in Elias Lindholm and Nikita Zadorov along with some players I don't know that much about in Max Jones, Riley Tufte, Cole Koepke, Jordan Osterle. They lost DeBrusk but I don't really consider that a loss, he was too inconsistent and was asking for too much money. Sorry to see Danton Heinen go but he deserved a better deal and Forbort is slowing down and is on the injury list quite often, glad to see Grizz go, it was scary with him on the ice.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bruins picked up some very nice pieces in Elias Lindholm and Nikita Zadorov along with some players I don't know that much about in Max Jones, Riley Tufte, Cole Koepke, Jordan Osterle. They lost DeBrusk but I don't really consider that a loss, he was too inconsistent and was asking for too much money. Sorry to see Danton Heinen go but he deserved a better deal and Forbort is slowing down and is on the injury list quite often, glad to see Grizz go, it was scary with him on the ice.
Yes some very critical/nice adds were very much needed for sure. Debrusk well i think he came to realization along with the B,s org/inconsistency, that he was not gonna get 9 mill a year and test the market so signed LT for much less with Van along with 2 others also signing with Van as well. Grizz needed to go as well 2 many non hockey plays for him and costly mistakes. As for Elias well the B,s really were after him in Calg and now finally got a Centermen that was much needed, paid a bit more as i thought 7/7 but oh well. Zadorov on the other hand is a massive dude with much rugged ness but needed on that back end. Look forward to him taking some high hit penalty's just because of his size, but he fits. Max is a big kid as well and will need dev along with the others, all in all some nice pieces. I also see they drafted Dean Letourneau centermen and heavy hitter as well, now the B,s will have there very own Condor ex;( Vinny Deharnais Oilers) Letourneau with 83.25 wingspan and 6'7 214 lbs it will be interesting to watch the development of this young man. Now for a few signings to be rectified ie; Sway for sure;)

Top Bottom