belt issues on supercharged nytro

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I keep blowing belts on my supercharged nytro. Im running 15 lbs boost. Im running a 174 x 3 track. The belts only last 2 or 3 hard pulls up a chute, then pull apart. The clutches are getting hot. Its definitely not an alignment issue. Ive played with it alot. Should i gear it differently? I also tried different weights, and secondary spring strength. The belt pulls apart across the width of the belt, not length. Almost like it has too much torque.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the same problem then took mine to Vernon motorsports. It pulls 15% better and is still on the same belt as last year. I've put 1500 km on it this yr already. Nick King is the man when it comes to yami's

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drew.. do you know what they swaped it out with?
Just picked up a TNytro and like to see the different options that are working.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that i have a team secondary on it. I took it apart last night and i have a 4838 helix. I ordered a 5538 helix, to gear it down a little. I dont remember what front spring i have. I put really heavy weights in it, cause it would hit the rev limiter real fast. I then drilled holes, removing weight till i was happy. But it kinda all makes sense now. With the old helix it was allowing it to ramp up too quickly, that would cause heat, hence the belt issues. By gearing it down it will sit lower in the secondary. Ill have add some weight back though. When i bought the secondary, i was told it should work. However it was never tested on a large track like i have, only shorttracks. Which you would want to ramp up fast, for speed.

Top Bottom