Bell Mountain

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would hope that it is not a Snow And Mud rider that was in the no snowmobile area at bell on the weekend. Whom ever it was they have wrecked the entire Cross Country Ski trail that has signs that indicate no sleddn. We have worked hard to keep these people at bay and one idiot just made things go for crap. It will take days to fix the trail and if it continues to happen we will lose this area. If anybody on here happened to see something could you let me know. I would like to have a chat with this idiot and put him to work. NO SNOWMOBILING MEANS JUST THAT. We don't put signs up because we have nothing better to do.:nono::nono::realmad::realmad::realmad:

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
There is always some that just don't care !! Kind of like when we came out of Renshaw Monday night, We were the last ones out.... Picked up beer cans left on ground by others that were near our units & I am sure there was more garbage to be found in the daylite.....Not sure why People are like that, Wonder if they throw garbage around there own place.... I would think not ! :rant: :mad: :nono:

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stupid idiot.
One fools actions will wreck things for everyone. Hope someone has info to identify him!:rant:

Last edited by a moderator:

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
This was originally reported to "bbtoys" by someone from Forestry. They are to ones that grant our tenure on the mountains. They are also the ones that can take tenure away. It only takes a couple of these types of reports to have our priviledges on that mountain yanked out from under us. People, including the locals, do not realize how delicate the balance is here in the mountains between the snowmobilers, the skiers and the environmentalists. We would really hate to see the mountain taken away from us because of a couple of brainless joyriders that obviously think they are above the rules / are unable to read a simple sign. Idiots.

:realmad::realmad::realmad:

Judy

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havn't rode there yet so I'll have to keep I eye out for the signs, this is good info because i didn't know there was a no ride zones in mcbride, my 1st year riding in the back country, where are the no ride zones in mcbride? I'm sure these signs are highly visable at high speed, I mainly ride renshaw.
Thanks

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it only takes one fool,too ruin it for others who respect the signs ,i have not ridden at bell yet and i sure hope too in the future but with people like that i may not get too.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If memory serves me at the Bell parking lot there is a cross country ski trail to the left of the main sled trail up. Well marked with signs stating no sleds.

snowhound63

Reaction score
If memory serves me at the Bell parking lot there is a cross country ski trail to the left of the main sled trail up. Well marked with signs stating no sleds.

You are correct sir.......hard to believe someone blind enough to miss the signs has the eye sight to ride......................:twocents:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is correct. Cross Country ski area and a big NO SNOWMOBILE sign that you almost have to run over. Hot on the trail of the culpert that did this and it looks like it may have been a LOCAL.:realmad: I knew it couldn't have been one of us{Snow and Mudder's} Thanks for the PM's.;)

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I have an extra shovel, rake and piece of 2X4 the loser could use to repair the trail. Might even throw in a pair of gloves so he/she does not blister too much...hmmm maybe not.

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You're right, I forgot about that. I would never even think to ride up there - i have gotten use to ignoring it. Man oh man.... :nono:

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bbtoys are you going for an evening ride wednesday? Coming up wednesday afternoon and would like to go for a late day evening ride if your interested.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable,:confused:..... WHY?
and as far as the garbage left behind, I seem to always be taking home more than what I brought. It weighs less than when you brought it up with you! Just like sleds...... What goes up, must come down. That goes the same with everything that you take in.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable,:confused:..... WHY?

Totally agree with you there tabneil.....If you packed it in why can't you pack it out? Garbage left up in the alpine just gives forestry one more reason to close down valuable riding areas. Once a riding area is lost due to inconsiderate actions it probably won't be given back. :confused:

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some people just need a swift kick in the junk with a frozen boot!!!!........ It only takes one bad apple......... You know the rest. I witnessed some guys riding out of bounds and meet up with them in the parking lot last year and wrote down there plate numbers. They got pee'd off at me cuz they were busted, even went as far as threatening me. The rules apply to all, and they are there for a reason, not just for something to do.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Crazy... If you come I will ride. A nite ride on Wed. will be in the plans. Have some others that will be interested as well. BRING IT ON.

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand you frustration bbtoys.... There always has to be one person with a "me first and screw the rest attitude" that creates huge issues for everyone else... and maybe its the same moron who left his/her helmut in the snow outside the cabin at the end of the day.....

I would hope that it is not a Snow And Mud rider that was in the no snowmobile area at bell on the weekend. Whom ever it was they have wrecked the entire Cross Country Ski trail that has signs that indicate no sleddn. We have worked hard to keep these people at bay and one idiot just made things go for crap. It will take days to fix the trail and if it continues to happen we will lose this area. If anybody on here happened to see something could you let me know. I would like to have a chat with this idiot and put him to work. NO SNOWMOBILING MEANS JUST THAT. We don't put signs up because we have nothing better to do.:nono::nono::realmad::realmad::realmad:

Top Bottom