avy courses in blairmore

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just curious to if anyone has been to an avy course in blairmore if so where are they held at ..... reason being went to one 15years ago .. looking at the pics the other day wife says that area looks nice we should go there....
and i cant remember where they were held at... i know we
met at the bcmi in blairmore and drove a short distance to a staging area nice trail in to the course and then we were taken to an area that had a fairly steep bowl and the only way out was coming back up the hill... apparently a water fall at the other end....if that helps any body in my quest .... if this jogs anybodies memory
and they could let e know how to get back there that wold be great

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
did you park your trucks on the side of the road then head in. Also was it approx 30ish km to the water fall

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just curious to if anyone has been to an avy course in blairmore if so where are they held at ..... reason being went to one 15years ago .. looking at the pics the other day wife says that area looks nice we should go there....
and i cant remember where they were held at... i know we
met at the bcmi in blairmore and drove a short distance to a staging area nice trail in to the course and then we were taken to an area that had a fairly steep bowl and the only way out was coming back up the hill... apparently a water fall at the other end....if that helps any body in my quest .... if this jogs anybodies memory
and they could let e know how to get back there that wold be great
Not positive from your description where you staged. Could be #51 Sataroris Rd. in Blairmore if you headed east from your meeting place. Or it could be #48 York Creek in Coleman/Bush Town.if you headed west from your meeting place.Both areas meet up on the Skyline Ridge any ways, at # 52 and at # 39. depending what trail you take.
The area you speak of is LOST LAKE west of marker #35
Yes there is a waterfall and yes be carefull. The creek that exits the bowl looks like a trail at times.............till you come to the waterfall.
The Hill you speak of is just a bunny hill and it is the safest way in and out.
Use the south Shelter rd to Lost it's the simplest way in if your not familiar with the area.
Ride Safe.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
P.S some of the pictures in my thread a few pics from the pass this weekend are from Lost Basin.
Ride safe.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not positive from your description where you staged. Could be #51 Sataroris Rd. in Blairmore if you headed east from your meeting place. Or it could be #48 York Creek in Coleman/Bush Town.if you headed west from your meeting place.Both areas meet up on the Skyline Ridge any ways, at # 52 and at # 39. depending what trail you take.
The area you speak of is LOST LAKE west of marker #35
Yes there is a waterfall and yes be carefull. The creek that exits the bowl looks like a trail at times.............till you come to the waterfall.
The Hill you speak of is just a bunny hill and it is the safest way in and out.
Use the south Shelter rd to Lost it's the simplest way in if your not familiar with the area.
Ride Safe.

thanks looking at some of your pics but i cant say for sure but the waterfall i believe is the kicker as to the lost lake area if the snow holds out we will try that area on the weeknd .....

Top Bottom