Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1000005614.jpg

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I dont know about you guys, but we lost 80% of our cat dealerships over the last couple years, now in southern SK there is 1 dealership left. Meanwhile there is a deere dealer in every decent centre. So if deere does purchase Arctic Cat it wouldn't be a bad thing at all, would get all the big money farmers looking at the recreational equipment. Parts availability may not improve, but time frames would drastically improve. Wouldn't be weeks out anymore. Probably next day or the day after.

I'm personally all for deere purchasing Arctic Cat, Textron can keep the off road section.

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know about you guys, but we lost 80% of our cat dealerships over the last couple years, now in southern SK there is 1 dealership left. Meanwhile there is a deere dealer in every decent centre. So if deere does purchase Arctic Cat it wouldn't be a bad thing at all, would get all the big money farmers looking at the recreational equipment. Parts availability may not improve, but time frames would drastically improve. Wouldn't be weeks out anymore. Probably next day or the day after.

I'm personally all for deere purchasing Arctic Cat, Textron can keep the off road section.
It's the off road section they want. What farmer doesn't have a couple of quads or side by sides on the farm?? They have been selling the Gator for yrs. The question is whether they would keep the sleds going or kill them off

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If they can sell them at Bass Pro, Cabelas and Deere dealerships... I see that being a win for them

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
It's the off road section they want. What farmer doesn't have a couple of quads or side by sides on the farm?? They have been selling the Gator for yrs. The question is whether they would keep the sleds going or kill them off
You're probably right, but i feel like the off road section is as much of a money pit as the snow. Either way textron has done nothing for arctic cat, i'm still curious as to why they purchased it in the first place.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is exactly what I was thinking.
I suspect the sled division is circling the drain. The development costs must be hard to justify with such a small marketshare. Then again, the catalyst prototype they shared didn't look much more than Malakwa special. 🤣

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in 2022 there were 130,644 sleds sold worldwide, down 2% from the year before. in 2023 there were only 124,769 sold, down about 4.5%. and not a lot of them were Cats. Guessing 2024 is going to be even lower.

Conversely, worldwide sales of UTVs were almost 700,000. 3rd highest year on record.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
remember trying to ride those over middle Kootenay pass. Easier to walk over lol

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in 2022 there were 130,644 sleds sold worldwide, down 2% from the year before. in 2023 there were only 124,769 sold, down about 4.5%. and not a lot of them were Cats. Guessing 2024 is going to be even lower.

Conversely, worldwide sales of UTVs were almost 700,000. 3rd highest year on record.
Worst snowcheck ever after high interest rates and low snow levels. Killer combo.

Top Bottom