April Conditions

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear, five of us heading that way to doo some springtime explore/bushwhacking in two new areas that had no trail in last weekend.:D

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sumx54 rode in renshaw today, Blackwater and Weinbergers Bowl, and the anthills, 8" Fresh powder and about another 3" of fresh fell. They had a great time. All the tracks were gone from last weekend.

I was riding with Sumx54 for the day and the conditions were great when it comes to snow but vision was pretty bad for the most part....thanks again to Darcy for showing us around :D

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any word on grooming at Renshaw??

We are taking our wives up there on the weekend, and we are wondering if we should expect a nice smooth ride up, or the standard kidney buster.

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never mind, I read all about it in another thread. Thanks

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Snowing in town last night (Monday) and early this morning. It all melted as it hit the ground, but it means another inch or two added up top. Weather forecast is for light snow Wednesday to Saturday with temps hovering around zero. If the forecast is actually correct for once, there will be some awesome riding this weekend. IT'S NOT OVER YET !!!!!

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
Any word on grooming at Renshaw??

We are taking our wives up there on the weekend, and we are wondering if we should expect a nice smooth ride up, or the standard kidney buster.
HotRod will still be grooming this weekend. Bottom few kilometers can't be helped without more snow, but further up it will smooth out.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Snowing in town last night (Monday) and early this morning. It all melted as it hit the ground, but it means another inch or two added up top. Weather forecast is for light snow Wednesday to Saturday with temps hovering around zero. If the forecast is actually correct for once, there will be some awesome riding this weekend. IT'S NOT OVER YET !!!!!

Thanks for the update Judy but your forgetting one little detail :eek: What is the tree branch on your deck telling us. :D:D

P.S. My own little weather station is almost complete ;)

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
Thanks for the update Judy but your forgetting one little detail :eek: What is the tree branch on your deck telling us. :D:D

P.S. My own little weather station is almost complete ;)
My advanced weather information gathering system (weather stick) is telling me that it's going to be generally nice weather for sledders this week. Hey, sumx54, don't forget to hang it top down. Lemme know how it works for you. If yours works as good as mine does, maybe we should start making and selling them. Make a million dolla - buy toys.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I gotta try one of those weather sticks too and if it works I'm buying a doll with pins and try to get even with a few people...lol...Summitric....your first...lol..
My advanced weather information gathering system (weather stick) is telling me that it's going to be generally nice weather for sledders this week. Hey, sumx54, don't forget to hang it top down. Lemme know how it works for you. If yours works as good as mine does, maybe we should start making and selling them. Make a million dolla - buy toys.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
The weather stick was right. Snowed in town over an inch last night - that means probably about 6 to 10 inches up top. Clouds cleared off first thing this morning and the sun is shining bright. Beautiful day for sledding. Adrenaline Rod is taking out a group from Calgary today, so will have a more detailed snow report later today.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
Well, the tour boys rode Lucille on Wednesday. A couple inches of fresh snow, but still pretty tracked up. Your best bet this weekend is Renshaw. The boys are going up there today and will report when they get back.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, the tour boys rode Lucille on Wednesday. A couple inches of fresh snow, but still pretty tracked up. Your best bet this weekend is Renshaw. The boys are going up there today and will report when they get back.

Is Barry back in town? We are going to be there tomorrow for two days to doo some backcountry riding to some new areas. If he wants to come the group can always grow.

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
HI boys,
Well the Renshaw should look pretty good this weekend, bottom is soft due to the warm weather but we had new snow this week so should look pretty nice up top. Lucille is not to bad the new snow helped but the Renshaw has held up a little better this year, I am not sure how bell looks, again the new snow on the mountains will make them look a bit better for this weekend.
Hot Rod will be grooming the Renshaw all weekend and then the trail grooming is over for the season!
IT WAS AWESOME TO MEET ALL THE NEW FACES!
I hope to see you all again next season!

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
Is Barry back in town? We are going to be there tomorrow for two days to doo some backcountry riding to some new areas. If he wants to come the group can always grow.
Hi Snochuk - Barry was hoping to be back in town on Friday. They didn't have as much work for him as they had anticipated. Give us a call, he will more than likely be up for a ride.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
According to my buddies at Adrenaline Tours, there was about a foot of new snow up top of Renshaw when they were riding on Thursday. I know it snowed a bit more overnight, so it should be a decent weekend for riding.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm back. Going up Renshaw Sunday to collect a sled that got broke up in a cornice drop and small avy. Will update conditions when I get home. Heard all the new stuff melted to about 4 inches today as it was 15 above up top, 20 at the house. Last nite of grooming, so I hear. That is to bad, but the trail is so soft and not freezing at nite it is a waist of time. Now if the forcast was for cold temps it would be worth it to try and groom a bit longer, but no cold weather in the forcast.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got home from another interesting McBride trip...to bad we didn't meet up Barry. We found a new riding area, blew a motor, sank a sled playing in a creek and had a blast. Didn't see a sled other than our group in two days and snow was good. Everybody got a good sunburn:D. Will post some pics soon, got to be at work in 3hrs. Most importantly is to be aware of avy areas, there were releases occuring everywhere. On the way out there were 3 avys where we sidehilled in(only route) and two stopped within 100yds of our trail......makes you look up all the way out!!!!!

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Posted some pics in the gallery from April 12 of cornices, sluff slide and three avys at the sidehill access to the area. Nice area but has a few crossings we treat as very high risk at all times. Watched one slide come down across from fuel drop, could hear it from about a mile away and it ran the schute all the way to the bottom. Here's a couple slide pics with trail going by.

Attachments

• Resized_IMG_7742.jpg
    Resized_IMG_7742.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 201
  • Resized_IMG_7744.jpg
    Resized_IMG_7744.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 194
Top Bottom