Anyone using Dalton DTYA-2 ramps?

sfp

Reaction score
Dalton says they are for boosted Yamaha's.They seem very heavy.I am running 15-18 lbs with a 2860 turbo.Good ,bad? Suggestions.Am using loaded 8BU's now.
Thanks

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running them. They work well. Running 78 grams. Loaded buu's are 59 I believe. Sled seems to like a bit less helix. T-19 mcx kit running 15-20 lbs

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running the dtya-1s @ 8psi with approx. 77-78gm of weight. This is the only change I've done to my clutching and weight wise I'm happy. I do loose rpms as I climb but I think I need to make adjustments to my secondary.

The only down side to these weights is you cannot select where on the weight your additional weight goes (heal vs mid vs tip).

Very easy to add or remove weight in the field.

MRFUSION

Reaction score
I am running the Dalton DTYA- 3 weight I think, the 89gr weight. I have it loaded up to 94 grams or fully loaded and like it so far. I control my clutching with my boost. Shad

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dalton says they are for boosted Yamaha's.They seem very heavy.I am running 15-18 lbs with a 2860 turbo.Good ,bad? Suggestions.Am using loaded 8BU's now.
Thanks

IMO...you can definitely gain from a different clutch set up than the loaded 8BU's. What are you running for a Helix, Primary and Secondary springs and what rotation on the secondary spring? NM helped me with my set up and it is amazing compared to any combination I had with my loaded 8BU's:beer::beer:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bounce off my rev limiter all the time when I pin it....till I get over 60 mph......I dont want to add weight because it pulls so nice on hills........I want to up the boost but shouldnt go over 18-19 I have been told.....should I add weight or get these daltons?

JohnBoyTurbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bounce off my rev limiter all the time when I pin it....till I get over 60 mph......I dont want to add weight because it pulls so nice on hills........I want to up the boost but shouldnt go over 18-19 I have been told.....should I add weight or get these daltons?

Put the Daltons in. If you are on the rev limiter all the time you can cause internal damage to the motor. I'm running the Daltons and 17lbs of boost. It works great. Adjust your secondary if you need to fine tune your RPMs.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
B/W/B Yamaha Primary spring
DTYA-2 with 82 to 84 Grams

green arctic cat spring in 0 and 1 and twist.
Shockwave helix
Purple spring works well also.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put the Daltons in. If you are on the rev limiter all the time you can cause internal damage to the motor. I'm running the Daltons and 17lbs of boost. It works great. Adjust your secondary if you need to fine tune your RPMs.

guess I should have been a little clearer.......it hits the rev limiter 2-3 times right off the line at 18 PSI up top (above 6000 feet) and at 10-12 psi on the trail it never hit it........down low on the lake (2500) it will hit it at 12-14 but I rarely ride on the lake. so at 18 climbing a hill it hits it off the line 2 or 3 times then hang on because it pulls like a freight train up any hill.....I never hold it pinned because it is just crazy but if I do open it up and let it off and pin it again......it doesnt hit the limiter again.......so I think it is perfect.....hard to read the track speed but it is around 68-78 mph. I need to get a liquid boost gauge because it is hard to get a proper reading.......lately since I have all my exhaust leaks fixed I dont need more than 15-16 and even 10 works to climb any hill......even with the stock mavrick track on backwards now lol........ I always like my boost high so if I need it......I just pin it! can never have to much power.......

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guess I should have been a little clearer.......it hits the rev limiter 2-3 times right off the line at 18 PSI up top (above 6000 feet) and at 10-12 psi on the trail it never hit it........down low on the lake (2500) it will hit it at 12-14 but I rarely ride on the lake. so at 18 climbing a hill it hits it off the line 2 or 3 times then hang on because it pulls like a freight train up any hill.....I never hold it pinned because it is just crazy but if I do open it up and let it off and pin it again......it doesnt hit the limiter again.......so I think it is perfect.....hard to read the track speed but it is around 68-78 mph. I need to get a liquid boost gauge because it is hard to get a proper reading.......lately since I have all my exhaust leaks fixed I dont need more than 15-16 and even 10 works to climb any hill......even with the stock mavrick track on backwards now lol........ I always like my boost high so if I need it......I just pin it! can never have to much power.......

What helix are you running? Yo may want to try a dual degree helix that has a little steeper angle off the start - this will make it so you don't bounce off the limiter off the start (a common problem with a boosted Apex)

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What helix are you running? Yo may want to try a dual degree helix that has a little steeper angle off the start - this will make it so you don't bounce off the limiter off the start (a common problem with a boosted Apex)

great idea.....I do not know what is in it....but will finnish ridding it this year and tear the clutches apart this summer. it is like I need a higher "first gear", and this would fix it......it also is geared down to a 20/40.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
great idea.....I do not know what is in it....but will finnish ridding it this year and tear the clutches apart this summer. it is like I need a higher "first gear", and this would fix it......it also is geared down to a 20/40.

Dalton makes some great dual degree helixes. I geared my nytro down, but brought it back up again...makes boost faster due to the earlier load on the engine!!

Top Bottom