A years worth......

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This time last year a good family friend of ours was given 3-6 weeks to live - he's still with us today and doing great.

We had a beautiful baby girl who brings joy to my life everyday

Other friends went through a rough patch and a friend back east had to go through a tragic death.

A years worth of gains, losses, heartbreak and change. We all look back at some point over our "year", and reflect on things that have happened. Some days it seems like it was yesterday, some days a week can age someone 5 yrs.

What's been some significant changes in your life over the last year?

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This time last year a good family friend of ours was given 3-6 weeks to live - he's still with us today and doing great.

Other friends went through a rough patch and a friend back east had to go through a tragic death.

A years worth of gains, losses, heartbreak and change. We all look back at some point over our "year", and reflect on things that have happened. Some days it seems like it was yesterday, some days a week can age someone 5 yrs.

oh man where to start im just going to post some of it
well the ex wrote off my car in june
bought a newer sled
sold two sleds
bought another sled
sold another sled
bought two more sleds
and then finally my new wheels arrived in july

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

everyday is a gift.......hug your kids..kiss your wife and tell her you love her......and just be human! it's the small things that get in the way sometimes....but big or small just learn to live like it was your last day here.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For me I have learned that making memories is way more important than anything else in life, after my surgery I started to do just that. I look at spending time with my family in a whole new light and making those memories last a life time for them. So far ONE YEAR with no signs, next week is the 18 month check up, fingers crossed.

Life is about living....... So live for the moment, each moment and each day......

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Father passed away, Son of a friend killed in Afghanistan, Mother is slowly losing her marbles and therefore requiring more attention, Wife on short/long term disability, Job becoming less attractive and more unstable, My son bought a Suzuki, I could go on but thats enough for now...

Dynamic

Reaction score
Bought a house in May, started my apprenticeship as a millwright........so far a good year

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took a lot of time off to spend with my new daughter, traveled to Mexico, Florida, Quebec and a few other places. Lots else happened but only the time with my family seems to matter anymore.... oh yeah gettin fatter and lazier too.

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
In the last 365 days

I have watched everyone that matters to me get another year older...
bought a new dog ginger sparkles...
Took my kids skiing for their first time...
Created a so called "Bucket List"....
Watched my son get his g-tube out....
Got my first speeding ticket in about 10 years and was with showtime when he got his too......
watched my girl get on the bus for her first time ever (and forgot her lunch on the first day of school)
enjoyed a month of holidays with family and friends....
Became an Aunty for the 7th time....
Broke my foot....

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good - got engaged to a wonderful girl and have made wedding plans (wedding to follow after the sled season:))
bad - had my one and only grandparent i've ever met pass away. my grandmother passed away at the age of 100, her ticker expired.

scrapmaster

Reaction score
in the last year i finally broke down an bought a house in alberta, went thru a shutdown and unemployment, got a new job at a better place, a new pup that lights up every day, and finally started the schoolin end of my apprenticeship... all in all a great yr had some bad times but remeber the good times first an they seem to fade... cheers to the good times all:beer:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had a great year...got to kiss my kids every night and every morning, that's all I care about.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
new baby girl and a two year old that amazes me every day

went through my father suffering a large heart attack

now everyone is happy and healthy

enough change in the bank to catch a few fish and enjoy the outdoors with my family

Im not religous, but believe in KARMA and paying it forward and life is good

I like this post

Last edited:

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love this thread, makes you feel not alone with the ch!t your going through.

I can say this last year was my best year ever. I got to go to college even if it was for my real estate license. I lost 40 lbs and gained greater self worth. I made quite a few friends, my buddy had a baby, and my other buddies girlfriends pregnant. Nowadays having a baby at my age is scary stuff. I haven't lost any loved ones, I got my boating license and learned to drive a boat. Theres some bad chit going on with the family not getting a long but thats been going on for a few years. It's like you lose a loved one, once moneys involved everyone just gets all greedy and fawked up. It happens every time someone dies. Its like spend the money or give it away before you go, to keep the family together, because there just going to fight once your gone. Thats chit I can't change, can only do whats good for me.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found a sweet dog at the SPCA, had to take her home, which needed to be bigger
Moved into a house that allows us enough space (Us being me, the ol lady and the dog)
Yearly bonus was big enough to allow me to purchase a nicer truck, one with fancy things like a/c and 4 speakers
Had a GREAT winter of riding pow, sled always ran great, snowboard held together for most of the year
Took up mountain biking
Got a nice visit from my father
Still employed, so far at least

Only downfall is that I have not seen any of my extended family for well over a year now.

Take the good with the bad I guess.

dwillowguy

Reaction score
Well it started out good....lot's of rain for the crop season ...now the problem is getting it into the bin. Bought $1000.00 worth of tires and brakes for the car,changed the oil and even washed it tranny went 3 day's later....had to drive it home the last 5 miles in reverse. Took the other car slipped the timing chain on engine left it in Superstore parking lot someone backed into it and took out all the rear tail lights. Took the old Dodge diesel and the drivers front u-joint went,... now I'm starting to get pissed. One grain truck the battery drains overnight, the other grain truck the starter motor spins non-stop even after it's running.The foamer on the sprayer went had to do the last 100 acres without any markers...that was fun ...NOT. And now it rains every other day and it's not looking any better ...we better get a ch!t load of snow this winter.:beer::beer:

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A years worth... What a great thread!

In the past year:
- I got married, turning my best friend into my husband!
- Kevin got a promotion, I still don't get to see him as much as I would like.
- My sister (Katie) left for University... Then had the nerve to move to Grande Prairie to live with her boyfriend over the summer =(.
- Katie came home to spend a whole week with us before she went back again at the beginning of September =)
- lost my second pregnancy in October, and fought tooth and nail to overcome the horrible emotional turmoil.
- Got pregnant again in January - and she's a healthy little baby, who will be here sometime in October :D
- gained 30 pounds =( LOL
- I was finally able to experience the joy of feeling my baby move, roll, kick me in the ribs
* And today, Kevin and I picked out FOR SURE our Baby Girl's name - now we just need her to come!!

Top Bottom