2011 / 2012 Valemount Info and Updates

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks

We are currently having an unreal spring. We are still riding fresh snow daily and its DEEP out there ! We are looking at well over a 300cm base and its April and still growing....

Parking lot conditions are great and should be for some time and there is currently 100% snow cover from all of the staging areas. Lower trails are soft which is to be expected in this tropical weather, but the upper trails are holding up very well.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at the office should you have any questions.

Thank you and Ride Safe !

Attachments

• April 04, 2012-page-001.jpg
    April 04, 2012-page-001.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 348

zeke

Reaction score
Rode clemina today. Trail was good. Had to pull a guy out in the parking lot, gotto dodge the soft spots. Snow in the alpine was awesome! Thanks varda. Good job curtis! Gonna check out allen tomoro.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still looking for someone to ride with tomorrow. Theres gotta be someone or a group looking for an extra body to pull on the skis! looking to ride either Oasis or Allan
780-554-8310
Don

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still looking for someone to ride with tomorrow. Theres gotta be someone or a group looking for an extra body to pull on the skis! looking to ride either Oasis or Allan
780-554-8310
Don
stop by the summit river lodge in the morning theres a couple guys staying there that wouldnt mind u tagging along im sure, check it out its on the way to staging areas south of town.

codey525

Reaction score
Hello guys.

Myself and a buddy of mine are looking to head over on April 11, we are both riding short track sleds. I would of thought mid April would be safe for short tracks but seems as tho you guys are having a lot of fresh snow still. We are just looking for good bowls to play in. Looking for some insite on weather the riding will be good on a shorty? As well the different places to ride in the area, how long are the trail rides to get into the mountain?

Thanks for any help.
Codey

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello guys.

Myself and a buddy of mine are looking to head over on April 11, we are both riding short track sleds. I would of thought mid April would be safe for short tracks but seems as tho you guys are having a lot of fresh snow still. We are just looking for good bowls to play in. Looking for some insite on weather the riding will be good on a shorty? As well the different places to ride in the area, how long are the trail rides to get into the mountain?

Thanks for any help.
Codey

Lots of questions, too much typing for me....lol Please give me a call and I will be happy to help you out. Your shorties will do just fine.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great start to the holiday weekend. Ride safe folks and please be sure to know where you are at ALL TIMES relating to the Caribou boundaries ! Our website has some great google earth files to help you out with this.

Attachments

• April 06, 2012-page-001.jpg
    April 06, 2012-page-001.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello guys.

Thanks for any help.
Codey
\
O ya it'll be fine just be smart about it and watch what kind of stuff your dropping into. My dad used to got to Valemount 25 years ago and was on one of the modern day sleds from then with not much for a track. Sometimes it would take them all day to just get up the trail. But that was when grooming was unheard of and user numbers where extremely low compared to now.

Top Bottom