1999 Mxz 670

summitbound

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if this was a good sled for the girlfriend. I know the 670 was a good motor,not sure on all the years

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if this was a good sled for the girlfriend. I know the 670 was a good motor,not sure on all the years

It all depends what kind of riding you're doing. As long as you're not getting too deep the 121 on the MXZ would be good. The 670 was a strong motor consistently across all of the years it was produced. (99 was one of the last ones) Is your avatar a picture of your girlfriend?? She'd look awesome on that MXZ!

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 99 mxz 670. Was a good machine. The DPM is nice, but I would throw a 1.5" track on it if it doesn't already have one.

These sleds can be a real bear to start again if they have been upside down. They flood, but that is probably what you are there for.:)

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are great sleds, have had mine for eight years, bought it off my next door neighbor. Still in showroom condition with a 1.5" track. Will be at the Grassland Drags with it. For 128 horse they pull pretty hard. Front end always in the air. Tons of fun, buy one if it's in good shape. Like Snort says...don't flood it. If you do pull the plugs and burn the cylinders clean.

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also had one, '99 was the first and only year the mxz 670 had the H.O. designation, good for almost 130hp. they were a great sled, had an 1-3/4" X 121" on mine, got it brand new and rode it for 270kms before I smacked a rock in tumbler ridge and killed it.....:(

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got the 670 ho in my summit. love it tons of power and always consistant. and if ya flood it think of it as doing about 100 reps on a poor mans bowflex.

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would stick to the Summit model then you have some flexibility for where you want to go. As far as years that s chassis came out I believe in 1996. You do not want to go older than that. The ZX Chassis after the S would be a little heavier to handle than the S. :d:d See you in Revy!

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your girlfriend is on your avitar.just buy her whatever sled she wants,or I could:d:d:d

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
thumb fatigue on the "X" for most women is an issue, Not much that you can do about the strong springs on the throttle return.

Top Bottom