03 Grizz 660 starting problem.....

Reaction score
For some reason when I try to put my bike in neutral or park to start it, the light doesn't always come on(shift lights) when I put it in Neutral or Park so I can't start it, anyone have any idea what this could be? It shifts into High, Low and Reverse no problem at all. One other thing, how can you tell when you need to change the wheel bearings? I've had the bike for a year and a half and haven't changed them, thanks for any help!!

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you apply the rear brake it will start in gear. Or you can pull the switch out of the handbrake perch and it will start in any gear without applying the brake.

Reaction score
So I emailed the dealership, apparently there are 2 neutral switches on the grizzly, 1 that bolts in for around 85 bucks and the screw in type for around 20 bucks. I'm hoping that the cheaper one would be the one more likely to be gone but how can I tell?

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
b_youngblood22 ... two others things to look and something to consider ...

1) If you ever do the reverse over ride mod, the reverse lite won't come on, but you still have reverse ... so, are the lites that important ? Not really ...

2) Like rocketron wrote, you can pull the rear brake handle in & start the Grizz in any gear ... this can be REAL useful in certain situations ...

3) Your shifting linkage may be out of alignment ... some adjustments are made on the shifting linkage itself or down on the right hand side which is connected tot he foot brake pedal.

Do you have a service manual ?? Here's a link to one ... it's in a pdf file so you'll need to download Adobe Reader if ya don't have it already ... (It's 24 MB, so give it a minute to fully load) ... then save it to yer hard drive ...

Or ... it could be what powderbasher wrote, the netural sensor ... but $85 ?? ... that's an expensive lite dude !!!

Let us know if ya get it fixed.

Later ....

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try taking the switch apart at the handle bar and blowing it out could be just some crud in there. i would say decide if the little green lite is worth 85.00 or not (could always ask for a discount?) it does start in gear with brake so u need to decide. murphy's law is for ch!t and sure it wont be the cheap one!!!

terry

Top Bottom