Powder jack

gmac

Reaction score
Does anyone use the powder jack? I got stuck bad today and thinking of getting one.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got one two seasons ago. I have a pretty bad back and without the Powder Jack I probably wouldn't be able to sled. I ride quite a bit with my wife and of course she's not much help when we get stuck so it's seriously been a life saver. It does take longer than just muscling the back end up and over but there's no way my back will let me do that anymore. I just pack down the snow beside the sled.
Clear the front end. Jack up the back end, flop it over onto the packed snow and I'm out. Has worked everytime so far. Stows away very nice along the running board too. I don't even know it's there. I would highly recommend one. I just said the other day that it is the best sled accessory I've ever purchsed. :thumbsup2:

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mad moutain mikey and I got chit snow Lessons today tryed togo to sled cabin 45 miles made 38 miles turned around fuel and bottemless snow 1st alldayer I,m not as young as a thought I was

M8 162/ king cat 162 we made it back

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used mine for the first time on Saturday and can honestly say that I would never ride without it now.
I dug the Tapex in once real good and was able to get it out fast with the jack with very little effort.

gmac

Reaction score
There are 2 brands; the powder jack and the high jacker. The high jacker is about 140.00 more than the powder jack.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got 2 comming......one for me and the Tank......one for dad, he is 77 and still sleds. dad probably doent need one but I might need two for the tank! lol

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try a 163 or a 174 under a yammy!

My Skidoo is a 159 and it lifts mine no problem. Of course you do have to stomp down around the buried track before lifting. When it's sucked right in deep the power needed to lift that back end is probably 10X the weight of the sled.:beer:

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the cheaper powder jack last year and this year I bought the more expensive hi-jacker. Haven't used it yet but I can tell it is going to work a lot better than the other one. My recommendation is to buy the hi jacker

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard they lift with way more inches per jack, your probably right but the powder jack does work.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard they lift with way more inches per jack, your probably right but the powder jack does work.

It does work but it seems to stick when jacking and it severely cuts the aluminum pipe and that doesn't help the sticking issue.

Top Bottom