sledbunnyracing

GRD

Reaction score
Hey guys... I was checking out your site www.sledbunnyracing.com and saw pictures of your buddy Gord all burnt up.:sun:

How is he recovering? What happened to him? Looks painful. See you guys sometime in McBride or Valemount!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Gord Burnt Up

Gord is my Brother in law (married my Sister) and we basically grew up together and is my younger borthers best friend).
Gord owns rig and hauls logs in Fort Mac area. When throwing a cable over his load he touched a wire and got hit with roughly 15,000 volts...ouch. He's lucky to be alive.
He has been in the U of A burn unit for 10 weeks now and will likely be heading home to Melfort SK on Friday. He will still be recovering for an additional 3 - 6 months.
I was asked by my Sister not to post the really graphics photos until Gord was released (kids at home looking at the site), so this week I will upload the surgery photos (kind of gross...kind of cool).
Gord is doing great and looking forward to spending some time with his family. Thanks for asking, I will let him know strangers were inquiring when I see him tonight.
Watch for our logo on our sleds and stop us for a chat....were a friendly group.

GRD

Reaction score
Ouch.... Very lucky. Does he ride? Will he be able this year?

Didn't mean to be snoppy, I just saw the pictures of the injuries and was wondering what happened.

When in Valemount area we usally ride Westridge and Clemina. We ride McBride the odd time. You guys are usally in McBride?

Gord is my Brother in law (married my Sister) and we basically grew up together and is my younger borthers best friend).
Gord owns rig and hauls logs in Fort Mac area. When throwing a cable over his load he touched a wire and got hit with roughly 15,000 volts...ouch. He's lucky to be alive.
He has been in the U of A burn unit for 10 weeks now and will likely be heading home to Melfort SK on Friday. He will still be recovering for an additional 3 - 6 months.
I was asked by my Sister not to post the really graphics photos until Gord was released (kids at home looking at the site), so this week I will upload the surgery photos (kind of gross...kind of cool).
Gord is doing great and looking forward to spending some time with his family. Thanks for asking, I will let him know strangers were inquiring when I see him tonight.
Watch for our logo on our sleds and stop us for a chat....were a friendly group.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Snoopy

Not snoopy at all, in fact I was gald to see you were looking around our site. It's a place for us to show photos - mostly sledding. Each ride we update it. Unfortuantely my "Host" had some upgrades, which was good, but also required him to turf all the history (3 years). We are starting over again, he did send me all my photo's but it's a huge job re-loading them.
I've never riden Westridge, but are very familuar with Clemina. We also ride Sicamous and are lucky enough to have a buddy that grew up there and was a guide (Ray St.Onge) and a h*ll of a rider. Takes us to all the "best" spots.
We plan to ride Valemont and Blue River a bit more this year. Maybe we will run into each other.

Cheers

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Curtis,
Just seen the pics of your brother-in-law.I work H.V. lines everyday and I'm glad to see he made it through.I know what it can do to you (had 2 buddies killed and one missing two fingers).Your brother-in-law is a very lucky man.My thoughts go out to him.

BigDog67

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Re: Gord

GLAD TO SEE ALL THE FELLOW SLEDDERS TAKING AN ACHING FOR THIS GUY... HE'S A BIG GUY, AND I KNOW HE'S FEELING PRETTY DOWN, BUT I KNOW HE WON'T BE DOWN FOR LONG. YOU MENTIONED RAYMOND ST.ONGE, BUT DON'T FORGET HIS BROTHER RENE, TOO.... HE'S BEEN IN SOME OF THE VIDEOS OUT THERE(AN EXTREME RIDER, LIKE HIS BROTHER RAY)....:clap2: ATTABOY CURT.

Top Bottom