BC Requests to Re-Criminalize Drugs

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fergus really screwed up, even Tom Mulcair is calling for him to step down, and he's previously been one of his biggest supporters.

I saw that on Power Play. Where was that Thomas Mulcair when he was in politics. The guy doesn’t like the Turd that’s for sure

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So now Toronto has requested a decriminalized system like BC for that city? Are people who swing left just that stupid because it sure looks like it. We saw the failure in BC and Portland yet here they are. Liberalism is a disease that needs to be eradicated

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So now Toronto has requested a decriminalized system like BC for that city? Are people who swing left just that stupid because it sure looks like it. We saw the failure in BC and Portland yet here they are. Liberalism is a disease that needs to be eradicated
Part of the problem I see. Is that system is rigged and manipulated. I don’t believe half the country is liberal. I just can’t believe people are that stupid. Much of the media shames people into being liberal just like they shamed people into vaccinating. If you’re conservative, you are racist, etc.. Even here in Alberta, Danielle Smith squeaking out to win. I find it hard to believe she struggled in Alberta. Maybe they didn’t cheat enough to beat her lol
Either way, we are hitting a low of complete insanity.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i guess that means BC carries on with its costly and deadly.. drug ch!t show, i emailed Adrian Dix a nice email today, but Bonnie Henry gets the usual ones she deserves.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes.
how are the politicians that are pushing for decriminalization dealing with the fact that it's been tried before and was a total failure? what are they telling y'all is the reason it will work this time?

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes.
how are the politicians that are pushing for decriminalization dealing with the fact that it's been tried before and was a total failure? what are they telling y'all is the reason it will work this time?
To be fair, what we've done for the last 40 years hasn't worked well, either.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To be fair, what we've done for the last 40 years hasn't worked well, either.
You talk to anyone who did drugs as an addict in the 2000s. They attribute quitting to getting sent to prison, etc. when stealing to fuel drug habit and you never ever get in trouble there is no reason to quit. I’ve watched tons of videos on Portland, Kensington, all the Street people say that jail time would help them quit

FanaticalKilla

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You talk to anyone who did drugs as an addict in the 2000s. They attribute quitting to getting sent to prison, etc. when stealing to fuel drug habit and you never ever get in trouble there is no reason to quit. I’ve watched tons of videos on Portland, Kensington, all the Street people say that jail time would help them quit
Catch and release Justice system will not put anyone in jail.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Switzerland is an interesting example, they had a pretty significant heroin issue in the 90's. The government decriminalized minor possession and use, and setup safe consumption sites and distributed clean needles to minimize Hepatitis and HIV infections. What they also did was had medical staff, and addiction treatment staff onsite at these safe consumption sites, and an extensive rehab program was setup to help deal with addictions. And setup rehab programs in prison.

No where in this did the Swiss government give drugs to the addicts, the one exception being pharmaceutical grade heroin being prescribed to chronic addicts in a closed door institutional rehab facility.

The system worked, and by the early 2000's heroin addiction had declined immensely.

It's not a easy issue to fix, and the number of addicts in Canada today is an order of magnitude more than Switzerland had. I'm not convinced prison is the answer either, at least in their current form, as street drugs are readily accessible in Canadian prisons.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jail time is the perfect rehab. Spend a year in jail and you’re dried out. If they get drugs in jail put them in solitary for a year. They will get the picture

Top Bottom