Who is your pick for mayor of Edmonton?

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ooooooh, politics.....scary. Just in time for Halloween. Next I'll start a thread about religion and we'll see if it gets any hotter than the usual "skidoo is better than polaris" debate.

Anyone bother to vote? Anyone care? I think voter turnout is usually 27%, so I'm guessing no.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ooooooh, politics.....scary. Just in time for Halloween. Next I'll start a thread about religion and we'll see if it gets any hotter than the usual "skidoo is better than polaris" debate.

Anyone bother to vote? Anyone care? I think voter turnout is usually 27%, so I'm guessing no.

i vote everytime an election comes along cant bitch and complain if ya dont vote

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Second that, no vote=shut yer trap. I did vote for Mandel before, but I don't like the way decisions are made behind doors and stuffed down our throat. That, and I'm not paying for a billionaire to build a "coliseum".

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I vote for Elvis and Michael Jackson.......

Who cares they don't do sh88 once they are in.

Only full of promises during election time..

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would vote if there was something worth voting for. Every politician is a fawking joke. I have never heard of one that wasnt crooked.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't vote last time, no one worth voting for. This time, no one i'd like to vote for. Have decided I will vote and add my own option "NONE of the above!" :d See what happens, I encourage other to do the same, atleast it's voting :p

They are all a bunch of rich a$$hole liers that don't give 2 shits about anyone but themselves. ALL of them are the same whether it's municipal, provincial, or federal.

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man it would be funny to think of Mandel having an account on Snow and Mud. I would love politicians to hear how real people feel, not just the usual crazies that take the time to write letters and harass them with phone calls.

I don't know all the candidates, and I can't vote in Edmonton, but there is one guy that I could see on this site. That BONAR guy is an MMA fighter, military guy, and has been hitting the night clubs to talk to younger people and encourage them to vote. I thought that was pretty fresh.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man it would be funny to think of Mandel having an account on Snow and Mud. I would love politicians to hear how real people feel, not just the usual crazies that take the time to write letters and harass them with phone calls.

I don't know all the candidates, and I can't vote in Edmonton, but there is one guy that I could see on this site. That BONAR guy is an MMA fighter, military guy, and has been hitting the night clubs to talk to younger people and encourage them to vote. I thought that was pretty fresh.

Thats how Arnold won.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ya they are to stupid and arrogant, or just don't care what people think other then at election time. Been working at the legislature a lot lately, if I seen steady eddy I would be HAPPY to tell him what I think of him, best candidate there was but still regret voting for the idiot. Ralph Klein was about the only politician I have any respect for.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fawk....

Had this great reply and got kicked out. Lost the reply.

Bottom line, not more liars, cheats, or thiefs. Going for younger, and less connected to special interests or in it for personal gain.

Daryl Bonar for Mayor.

If the same 20% that voted Mandel and Co. in go out and vote again, that gives coucil absolute power. Go vote and let them know your watching their actions. May not be any good candidates in your mind, but one IS better than the rest.

VOTE!

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
VOTE For Bonar maybe he"ll roundhouse kick Mandel to the face!:)

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He seems to be the least evil. I would vote for mandel before dorward, he is a frickening physco idiot.

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
If I lived in Edmonton i would NOT vote David Dorword. He came up to me at a united way campaign I took my school kids too and he acted like he was doing us a favor by being there and told us we were doing a great job by helping "these" people. Oh and he was working on a place where "these" people could go afterschool and afterwork to go like a gym....so my friend looked this place up and its not even finished being built and he will be charging admission rates that "these" people he is talking about wont be able to afford. I was so offended by him and his campaign!

I also dont know who to vote for. I find this year the electorals are very quiet in the campaigning aspect of things and i have no idea who to vote for in Spruce Grove!

Top Bottom