WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GO(may17th)

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to go riding long week-end of may,17th to 19th where would be the best place to go, wife is not advanced rider..."SHE THINKS SHE IS" We are from Edmonton and would go where ever we need to. ASAP Thanks

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anywhere around Rocky Mountain House or Edson Robb area I think are the best.At least in my opinion/
Headin for Cadomin Thursday Morning!
catmando!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere around Rocky Mountain House or Edson Robb area I think are the best.At least in my opinion/
Headin for Cadomin Thursday Morning!
catmando!

Are ya taking your SLED?
or QUAD.....
If ya are going sled n there is good snow in Golden, Fernie, Revy, Sicamous.. pretty much every where is still good.
where are you thinking? I might be heading to Golden or Revy for Sunday Monday. I also might be in Revy Tommorow so if I go I will post some updates for ya at nite.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going with sleds, where in revi or golden. We are from edmontonand could leave saturday morning early. We are not extreme riders, so don't send us over the cliff. Thanks

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going with sleds, where in revi or golden. We are from edmontonand could leave saturday morning early. We are not extreme riders, so don't send us over the cliff. Thanks

In Golden you could go to Quartz, 15km trail to the cabin nice and open, and easy to find your way around, last I heard there was still snow just a few km from the parking lot, staging is about 35km west of Golden on the left side of the Highway,
Gorman lake is on your way to the ski hill, not too sure where they are staging from now but just drive until ya hit snow, little bit more advanced terrain but ya can still get around and have fun with all levels,
Quartz
quartz nov20 045 (Medium).jpg

quartz nov20 042 (Medium).jpg

Gorman
slide n.jpg

and in Revy well there is one top secrtet spot I can not tell about, but I would hit Boulder I was there last Sunday and they are parking around the Kirkup trail or maybe a km or 2 higher by now but there is tonnes of snow left.

Revy
turtle 011 (Medium).jpg

Should be a sweet weekend,,,:D hope this helps ya, let me know
you can also check out the Golden Snowmobile site for maps!

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How safe is it at golden parking area's . Will they have someone watching this week-end or not. I hope so.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Golden is 280kms from Calgary or about 2.5 hours depending on how fast ya drive (130kmh)
As it goes for safety, I have heard no bad news lately but it takes just one idiot and his buddy, so dont bring anything of value to your truck and it might sound silly but leave it unlocked and if ya have nothing to take at least they wont break your window. they might take your fuel at $150/ litre lol.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info: went to Golden and ski-doo up in Quarts and had a great time, there were about 20 sleds there. Only needed helmet and boots on, in a tee shirt it was hot. Little work to get up the road needed 4x4 and go nuts. We seen a guy high marking and ended up in pile of rocks on top. We will post pics soon. Thanks

Top Bottom