what does it take to.........

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what does it take to get a 3 inch paddle under an 06 apex?????

I need to get a new track and the 2.5 is very tight.....like I have a quarter inch clearance....and if I wanted to put a 3 inch track do I have to roll the chaincase or just change drivers? is there a cooler that can be removed.....dont want to do major work right now.....its up for sale but if I keep it and do a tunnel next year, then I might roll the Chain Case...... I dont want to do a 174 track because then I need to up grade the M-10 but the 3 inch paddle might be good if it is easy to do........give me all your input!!!!

I have not even looked at it except sticking my hand up and feeling how tight it is! lol

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I just found the answer......drop and roll but not as good as a extended chaincase.......but going to say the extened chain case wont have reverse. drop and roll is still tight because the jack shaft still gets close to tips of paddle......I think im going to stick with the 2.5 paddles lol

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
id stick with the 2.5. its alot of work and you lose your reverse! cant imagine an apex without reverse! holy fack that woukld just suck! lol

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
things are always for sale but if im going to do a track.....was thinking of a 3 inch. I dont see why you would have to remove the reverse? just a little modifing on the handle linkage......or em I missing something?

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been running a CR Racing drop and roll on my Apex for 5000 kms with no issues, allows you to run the stock chaincase and keep your reverse. Tons of clearance with a 3" track.

IMG_0539.jpg

3inchApex-1.jpg

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been running a CR Racing drop and roll on my Apex for 5000 kms with no issues, allows you to run the stock chaincase and keep your reverse. Tons of clearance with a 3" track.

IMG_0539.jpg

3inchApex-1.jpg

great info.....Thanks.....might have to do a summer project! run the Mavrick till season is done then do track and tunnel this summer? so what is cost of tunnel that you have in the pictures? guess coolers and brackets are extra?

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tunnel, drop and roll and side plates would probably run you approx $2500 today? (Parts only of course) I did mine back in 07, I changed out the tunnel cap from 162 to 174 and replaced the side plates for the 174 this fall, has a longer c to c.

Top Bottom