Volunteering at PAWS

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My kids and I volunteer at PAWS, a local animal rescue society.
sledding055.jpg

sledding056.jpg

sledding057.jpg

sledding058.jpg

sledding062.jpg

sledding063.jpg

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok..... this dog Rookie, is the reason that I shouldn't volunteer at a pet shelter
sledding068.jpg

sledding071.jpg

We all fell in Love with Rookie.
Paws006.jpg

Paws011.jpg

Paws003.jpg

we took Lola, our lab to the shelter to play. It's cool as there's a huge fenced in area for them to run... She got along great with Rookie and Dusty
Paws001.jpg

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got her!!!!!!!!! It was kind of nerve wracking.. We had the home visit on the weekend.... sat on pins and needles waiting to see if we were the applicant to be able to adopt Rookie. There were 3 other families applying for her. But we got her!!!!!
She's home now!
Paws041.jpg

Paws043.jpg

Paws040.jpg

Paws036.jpg

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got her!!!!!!!!! It was kind of nerve wracking.. We had the home visit on the weekend.... sat on pins and needles waiting to see if we were the applicant to be able to adopt Rookie. There were 3 other families applying for her. But we got her!!!!!
She's home now!
Paws041.jpg

Paws043.jpg

Paws040.jpg

Paws036.jpg

when ya said she is the reason ya shouldnt volunteer at one i figured she be home soon

Mud Mum

Reaction score
She's such a cutie! You're a great family for doing that. I couldn't. Like you I'd come home with one, or more. My dog's been gone for about 3 years now and I really miss having a four legged kid at home.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is awesome. We had to wait a week to find out if we got our dog.

It is sooo nerve wracking eh... we waited 4 days...When they did the home inspection, all of the kids and the animals were on their best behavior.
PHEW!!!!!!
She's snuggled in bed with us right now.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She's such a cutie! You're a great family for doing that. I couldn't. Like you I'd come home with one, or more. My dog's been gone for about 3 years now and I really miss having a four legged kid at home.

awww sorry about your pup. :(. I don't know what I'd do with myself if not for the kids and animals. People say to us.."wow you have a house full"... Yup we do.. a house full of love!

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a cool thing you are doing volunteering at the rescue.. :d My wife and I almost do the samething, we are foster parents for puppies who are in training to become service dogs..

Mud Mum

Reaction score
awww sorry about your pup. :(. I don't know what I'd do with myself if not for the kids and animals. People say to us.."wow you have a house full"... Yup we do.. a house full of love!

She had a rough start (we got her when she was about 3 and suspect she was abused), but had 14 loving years with us. We have lots of great pictures and memories.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She had a rough start (we got her when she was about 3 and suspect she was abused), but had 14 loving years with us. We have lots of great pictures and memories.

I would love to see pics of her. I would love to see everyone's pics of rescued or fostered dogs.
:)

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Absolutely fantastic!

That there is why I cannot go the shelters any more. I want to bring all them doggies home.

Happy to see another unwanted doggie placed in a good home.

Top Bottom