Vale this weekend?

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headin to vale tomorrow after I round up the family after school. Anyone else going to brave the chill and head out? As long as its clear out I don't care how frigid:D
I seen a post on valemountsledtalk.com that asked if miledge was closed this year. Anyone know? Apparently someone seen a sign in the parking lot.
This is where I was going for first ride of the season, if this is the case I will continue on to blue river.....I'll be driving a white sierra quadrasteer....walk over and introduce youself:common001:

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy schnit it was cold :yikes: The highway from the jasper gates on to vale was a frickin scating rink, saw a couple of rollovers south of mount robson just before the scales.
Ended up sleddin at allen creek, figured with the road conditions and cool temps it was better to sled in an area that had a warmup cabin, though no one had started a fire and I had no lighter.
The sleddin was awesome, 4ft powder everywhere but heavily tracked up. The lucky ones that came early in the week would have had an excellent trip with warmer temps and good visibility.
Only sledde'd saturday, was very cold when we left -20 at the holiday inn (same temp as the pool), heavy wind and blowin snow. Temps back to grande cache reached -30 on the truck gauge.

GRD

Reaction score
Thanks for the update on conditions at Allen. To bad it was so cold for you guys.

Cougar

Reaction score
Website
www.cougarmountainlodge.com
Went with my group up to Chappell on Saturday. Unbelievable snow for this time of year! Deep, deep deep. There are still open creeks on the trail, not bad drama, just keep the speed down so you don't get any big surprises... Very few tracks, most were from my guys the day before. To check updates on technical information and area conditions visit www.snowfarmers.com.

We hope to start grooming very soon, just waiting to have our management agreement with the province completed. For general sled area information visit our website at www.valemount.org/varda.

s.

GRD

Reaction score
Cougar.. Where is Chappell? I have been to Valemount a few times, but don't think we have rode Chappell.

Went with my group up to Chappell on Saturday. Unbelievable snow for this time of year! Deep, deep deep. There are still open creeks on the trail, not bad drama, just keep the speed down so you don't get any big surprises... Very few tracks, most were from my guys the day before. To check updates on technical information and area conditions visit www.snowfarmers.com.

We hope to start grooming very soon, just waiting to have our management agreement with the province completed. For general sled area information visit our website at www.valemount.org/varda.

s.

GRD

Reaction score
Hey, I checked out the site and found the info a Chappell... Thanks for posting the links.

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those that just returned this weekend, how were the road conditions? Any major slippage?
The wind was blowin hard last night, piss me off, kept me up most of the night and blew my line heaters out so I had to go to work! :rant:

sleddude

Reaction score
Rode Clemina last week. Snow was awsome. Heading out again tomorrow. Will post conditions when I return.

GRD

Reaction score
Thanks

Looking forward to seeing your post. Have a good ride.

Top Bottom