Tracks

Polaris_Fanatic

Reaction score
Hey everyone i am wondering what kind of tracks should i get for my 2009 Polaris Sportsman 500. I am going to use them for hunting and riding on the lake, pulling the ice shack around. any opinions would be great thanks

cyclejerk

Reaction score
Great set of tracks is the new Commander Trek 2, Made in Canada and is a TRUE all season track, with No track sliders to worry about, just really wide Bogey wheels! Also one of the lowest power robbing systems because it has a great gear reduction system, only lose 20 to 25% of your top speed!

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of the tracks on the market today are pretty good. Camoplast 4S is the best selling track at about 4-1 of the other tracks. The 4 season track is a bit of a gimmick because they are a hassle to ride on trails etc. Rough & takes a ton of area to turn around. Best use is snow & muskeg. I;ve had my Tatous since 07 and put about 1700 mi yearly (no snow this year) on them with "Zero" repairs required.

Some find your best deal and have some fun.:d

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI ... this years model of Tatou 4s tracks have been having issues with the bogies wheels icing up causing the track to tighten up & slow or stop the bike.

Camoplast went from bogie wheels with a rubber compound on the rolling surface to all plastic ... so I would hold off on getting those.

I know a guy who went from the Tatou 4s tracks to the Commander TREKS ... he's had some issues with the frames breaking from being weak & he rides in snow only.

If I was gonna get new tracks (I currently own a set of the 1st generation 4s tracks) today, I'd look at either the Commander Wide track or the one like Mongrol has, Tatou Originals. They are snow only tracks however.

TJD makes some tracks called "Cattracks" ... they look a lot like the Tatou Originals, but are a 4-season track that can be used in mud, muskeg, etc. ... however, also like Mongrol wrote ... tracks are a bugger to turn in those conditions ... as I've had my 4s in all of those conditions.

Oh yeah ... tracks & mud ... you bess be dressed to get covered dude. :eek:

bowhunter

Reaction score
How much does a set of these tracks with whatever mounting kits and anything else that you might need run you?

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're a prudent shopper, expect to pay $3800-4000 Can for most brands. Ab may be a bit less with no pst. I found one dealer in Brooks for $3600 + gst for Tatou 4S. Be sure to shop around and do the install your self. Not complicated.

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a buddys 08 500X2 on Camoplast 4S tracks. Good combo.

Attachments

• P3060010.jpg
    P3060010.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 73
  • P3060019.jpg
    P3060019.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 67

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Absolutely not. My 400HO (455 CC) pulls the track great. My riding buddy has a 500X2, stock, and it also is a great performer. Rule off thumb, tracks will cost you 35-50% in top speed but you gain it back in pulling power.

Top Bottom