Tires for Razor 1000 questions

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I need to change my tires on my Razor 1000, currently there is Super ATV tires on there the sidewalls have vertical cracks all over and I don't trust them much anymore. 27 x 11 x 14.

I'm looking at the Traxion Alpha UTV tires so far from Revco.ca, any one have experiences with these or the retailer? Can you buy these in Edmonton.?
tires.jpg

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my carnavores from Royal distributing they had lots of other brands might be worth a look

tripster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've used revco a few times never had a problem with them. Usually have decent sale prices. Bought a super atv rear box for my wife's rzr900 but wouldn't fit with the click6 harness. They had no problem with taking back and helped find one low enough to work.

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need to change my tires on my Razor 1000, currently there is Super ATV tires on there the sidewalls have vertical cracks all over and I don't trust them much anymore. 27 x 11 x 14.

I'm looking at the Traxion Alpha UTV tires so far from Revco.ca, any one have experiences with these or the retailer? Can you buy these in Edmonton.?
View attachment 285460
I ran the traxion for a few years.
Pretty good tires but the sidewalls rotted out and tread was still at about 80%

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My super atv tires have the same problem, they are all built in china. How many years old were they?
I can't remember for sure but I think 4 years or so.
I'm trying out the maxxis carnivores right now but I here they wear quick?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't remember for sure but I think 4 years or so.
I'm trying out the maxxis carnivores right now but I here they wear quick?
31 inch carnivores on my wildcat XX. 3000 miles on them and they stood up good. I’m pretty much to the floor driving sideways all the time. I’ve only had one flat and it was a railway spike off the road at the continental divide in Cadomin. I would say the carnivores are a great tire. Never popped a bead. No bead locks. Still got winter studs in them lol lots of life left.
1721765817091.png

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
31 inch carnivores on my wildcat XX. 3000 miles on them and they stood up good. I’m pretty much to the floor driving sideways all the time. I’ve only had one flat and it was a railway spike off the road at the continental divide in Cadomin. I would say the carnivores are a great tire. Never popped a bead. No bead locks. Still got winter studs in them lol lots of life left.
View attachment 285588
Good to here!
No ripping and flying sideways in the old defender for me until I get a turbo on it!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked for chits and giggles and Toyo makes UTV tires now. I have this tread pattern on my truck and they throw rocks pretty good when you pin it.
Baja 1000 winner was running these(42's on a trophy truck). . This is a UTV version 32 inch, not sure on quality but I'm assuming hi quality and probably high price too.

1721781531518.png

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will look at Carnivores as they seem to be popular and have a good rating. In Edmonton who do you recommend?
I looked at all the weights of the tires I was thinking of getting and the carnivores seemed a little lighter than most.
Good for me with the little 800 I run ( I will never cheap out on the smaller engine again)

Top Bottom