This is the Thread......

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where you tell me how your W/E was in Valemount and show me some of your picture's. In return I will post a report of my own at the end of next week.........

The Snowman

Reaction score
well here is what I know about Allen Creek after today, the snow we had on the drive in did not make it up the mountain!!! this is the least amount of snow I have sleded in out here ever!! (I have not riden past end of march and usually start out here this same weekend for last 4 years) I would compare it to a mid November normal ride. 3-4 inches fresh, lots of rocks, grass showing on lots of hills (very windblown out here) in the trees it is hard for stumps today and fallen trees that are just barely covered (2 guys burried there skis underneath and launched today)

Not all bad though was still out sledding so that is a plus, and we did find a few pulls with out wrecking anything, but when you came down your track had shined up some rocks!

As for all the Hype about the crappy trail up.....it is as bad as they say, it took us 1 1/2 hrs to get to the top, probably 70%of the people that left their trucks and got to the icy parts ended up turning around. it was bad. and yes I am an experienced rider (or so I think 9th year riding mountains so you decide)

anyway it was great to get up, see a few familiar faces and still put on 50km with no broken parts, saw Curtis gaurding the trail which was good cause it would have gotten abused today for sure,

sorry no pic, camera went dead 3 pics in, probably riding Renshaw tomorow.

The Snowman

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks snowman......as long as I don't hear all negative reports in the next two days, I will be traveling down on Monday for my first ride of the season! I heard last night from a friend who was there that allen was very diffucult.....so no suprise there. Hope to get some snow by Tues AM....is that too much to ask?

Top Bottom