T3 vs Axys

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent a minimal amount of time on the axxys and it's easy to ride (I way over rode it) light (my XM is a pig compared to this axxys), lots of power clutched well. I don't like the flat steering, didn't get up well on the snow, fit and finish still isn't as good as the Doo.

The axxys kept up to my old outdated wimpy 2.5" track but put it next to a 3" T3 on a hill the T3 will out climb it every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent a minimal amount of time on the axxys and it's easy to ride (I way over rode it) light (my XM is a pig compared to this axxys), lots of power clutched well. I don't like the flat steering, didn't get up well on the snow, fit and finish still isn't as good as the Doo.

The axxys kept up to my old outdated wimpy 2.5" track but put it next to a 3" T3 on a hill the T3 will out climb it every time.

Was it a 3" axys?

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was it a 3" axys?

Yes it was. Guys say the axxys dosent come set up well out of the box so unless you play with the suspension they are just chainsaws and don't get up on the snow well.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been dieing to try one. I know that the steering is somthing that will take getting use to but they are substantially lighter them my xms would that translate to me being able to ride it better? Not sure. Would or mean me buying one depends on how reliable the new engine is and weather or not I can make it do the same things I can make my xms do.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been dieing to try one. I know that the steering is somthing that will take getting use to but they are substantially lighter them my xms would that translate to me being able to ride it better? Not sure. Would or mean me buying one depends on how reliable the new engine is and weather or not I can make it do the same things I can make my xms do.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

X2. In the same boat. I am not brand loyal. I ride what I think fits my style and skill level and will stand up to my abuse.
Never been on a newer Pro and I really want to give it a go to make an honest decision.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
X2. In the same boat. I am not brand loyal. I ride what I think fits my style and skill level and will stand up to my abuse.
Never been on a newer Pro and I really want to give it a go to make an honest decision.

I road my friends 163 3" and it is a huge change over his 14 163 pro. You can feel the power is there now. I found it just would not get back up on top like my 174 after it starts trenching and u chop the throttle. It could be the small difference in track length though. You can deffinetly see where wheight was saved and I think it's going to cause some serious issues with time. There are just parts and places that can't be reduced. They look nice on the snow though. His is the blue black and looks real sharp

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it boils down to how you ride. Do you want to ride trees all day and hold a sidehill for a mile and willing to sacrifice fit and finish for weight than the axxys isn't a terrible choice.

Do you want to ride trees and be able to climb and have a sled that will hold together than a Doo is a good choice. Tough to beat the etec motor.

I won't choose another brand till they can put a 16" wide track under them and have a solid engine and chassis. Doo riders are paying for it in weight but I don't upgrade every year so the little things matter.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please only real world results and no comments from remorseful poo riders!! This is the Doo section and we don't need their whimpering in here!! LOL!! Happy trails to all.

163x3 to 163x3 ????

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not brand loyal? I'm surprised they haven't kicked you out of the doo section lol

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol.
Currently looking at doo, poo and Viper for my next sled although the latest Viper engine news isn't very good so it might be off the list.

EmEight

Reaction score
I had a chance to ride my buddies axys 163"(or whatever it is) 3" yesterday and today. The first session on it I wanted to park it and never get on it again. But then we found some better snow today and I gave it another go. A nice fairly steep side hill section with not to many trees to hit. The steering feels very awkward for me. I'm on a doo this year. It didn't feel significantly lighter. Seemed to want to trench. But we did not mess with the suspension and have heard that it's not set up well from the dealer. Engin felt strong. Front end is quite wide. About three inches wider ski stance than the xm. All in all I could for sure get use to it but will not rush out and buy one. The major down side for me is the fit and finish. Feels very "cheep". But if you are ok with that I think it will be a great sled.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol.
Currently looking at doo, poo and Viper for my next sled although the latest Viper engine news isn't very good so it might be off the list.

Wasn't it the low power kits having rod issues too

2 stroke turbos are more reliable than the 4 strokes now a days?!?!?

How those 4stroke machines are even relevant now a days is beyond me.

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 stroke turbos are more reliable than the 4 strokes now a days?!?!?

How those 4stroke machines are even relevant now a days is beyond me.

Frank if you don't have a Turbo Yamaha I would not worry yourself about it being "relevant"
I have a T3 174 and a T Viper I enjoy both, but nothing like Turbo 4Stroke Power. You trench down a 174 T3 and its just as bad to get unstuck as the viper - My Viper is a 162 3"PC and has a few lightweight parts tho.
In all honesty a Low boost 174 T3 (or stock ) is a very impressive toy and can go more places than I'm willing to go - but what do I know I run a Doo.....

The later '16 got a different rotating assembly, suppose to fit engines across the whole line up(side by sides/watercraft). Yamaha doesn't sell a factory turbo sled, they do sell a bolt kit @ the dealer level. But its only 180hp, nothing more. MCX is not selling 270 kits for later '16 engines, they figured out the issue couple months ago. Why would Yamaha do anything about it? Engine will live @ 135hp all day long, as likely 99% of there sleds are sold in the east for trails. The aftermarket world is building stronger rods, but that's going to take awhile. This is from the Yamaha section.

Last edited:

Tbird

Reaction score
The aftermarket world is building stronger rods, but that's going to take awhile. This is from the Yamaha section.

Carillo have rods now for the new engine.

Sent from my Sanwa M12

Top Bottom