Skidoo 850 turbo r Warranty prices ?

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So my dealer GVPS called me yesterday about extending warranty on my 2023 turbo r, never had them call before but there reaching out to remind guys if your warranty is up soon.
My warranty is up November, so I can extend BRP BEST warranty for $2600 for a year or do third party warranty for $3600 for 3 years.
She said warranty prices went up this year which I figured but still thought that was steep . What are guys paying ?

Also is it worth it getting warranty, how are these motors lasting ? My 850 turbo has about 700 kms so Im thinking I should be fine for the next season.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So my dealer GVPS called me yesterday about extending warranty on my 2023 turbo r, never had them call before but there reaching out to remind guys if your warranty is up soon.
My warranty is up November, so I can extend BRP BEST warranty for $2600 for a year or do third party warranty for $3600 for 3 years.
She said warranty prices went up this year which I figured but still thought that was steep . What are guys paying ?

Also is it worth it getting warranty, how are these motors lasting ? My 850 turbo has about 700 kms so Im thinking I should be fine for the next season.

Snowchecks are way down. I have heard of several dealers doing this. The margins can be good, hence the push this year. The topic was discussed at length in this thread.
TLDR; my option and experience is that 850's are reliable for ~5000km with good habits and that paying 50%+ of replacement for insurance isn't worth it.

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowchecks are way down. I have heard of several dealers doing this. The margins can be good, hence the push this year. The topic was discussed at length in this thread.
TLDR; my option and experience is that 850's are reliable for ~5000km with good habits and that paying 50%+ of replacement for insurance isn't worth it.
thanks I actually just found that thread and just finished reading through it, seems it wouldnt be worth that kind of coin for warranty.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about throwing a top end in at 2500km? That has to be a cheaper option than those warranty prices.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about throwing a top end in at 2500km? That has to be a cheaper option than those warranty prices.
According to my dealer the crank PTO bearing is the Achilles heel of this engine. Not the top end. Around the 3500km mark watch out.

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to my dealer, seems like 2800kms to 5000 kms engines go. I new turbo engine is probably around 10k installed

Top Bottom