Silent Pass

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
forgot, pictures posted in golden section of some areas of quarts. different peeps with cameras

prowlerk

Reaction score
Rode Silent today and all in all was a great day. Need more snow and a lot of it!! Trail in is in good shape other than the ruts that were made by a pick up trying to get all the way to Km 47. Some people just don't think.

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How was the waterfall that people speak of? I have never rode there but have plans on riding there this Saturday. Can someone discribe the waterfall? I have visions of a really steep ice wall:)

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's not that bad actually. It is a long climb but you have room to manuever through the rocks & really pick up sped thru it. That being said, you have to have momentum when you hit it or you will end up spinning out & not a great spot to have to try to turn around! It's really not that bad though honest!!!

RN

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The waterfall is basically the last climb before your into Silent. I've never had an issue with climbing it but when the trail up is trenched and packed hard it can be slippery.

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
The waterfall is pretty much single lane traffic right now...... It's a hard pack trail right up the middle.

Like PINKY said...... not a place you want to turn out. Later on in the year, it fills in a little better, but as of yesterday, there was enough snow to get up but I wouldn't get creative trying to make a new line up.

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The waterfall is pretty much single lane traffic right now...... It's a hard pack trail right up the middle.

Like PINKY said...... not a place you want to turn out. Later on in the year, it fills in a little better, but as of yesterday, there was enough snow to get up but I wouldn't get creative trying to make a new line up.
was the riding good there sick???? we are thinking of going there on saturday, or maybe just quartz, not sure yet!!!!!!

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was the riding good there sick???? we are thinking of going there on saturday, or maybe just quartz, not sure yet!!!!!!

We are riding there Saturday. Keep your eyes open for the 3 guys looking lost as that will be us:) We have never rode there but thought we would give it a try. Me= 07 Dragon, and 2 buddies= 08 M8 Snow Pro and an 07 switchback 144 2".
Hope we can catch up on Saturday.

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are riding there Saturday. Keep your eyes open for the 3 guys looking lost as that will be us:) We have never rode there but thought we would give it a try. Me= 07 Dragon, and 2 buddies= 08 M8 Snow Pro and an 07 switchback 144 2".
Hope we can catch up on Saturday.
there'll be 4-5 of us. coming in a blueish lifted chevy dmax, with big roof rack and 27 ft enclosed. 2 dragons, a rev, and a vertical edge, and maybe a RMK

knizer8hun

Reaction score
Haha 2nd to the comment about the guy trying to drive in so far as he did.

We tried it last year to about the 30 k mark to go to the whiskey jack road(I think its called) Guys said it was good to drive on... old man had to bag the truck to get it as far as he did... got stuck about 400 feet after the 27 k mark haha.
Boys had to help us spin the trailer on rock the truck out of the hole.

Has it been snowing in Parsons?
Ive spoken to the staff at Chatter and they've been getting snow on a regular basis, but that's a whole different area.

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode silent on saturday. the rode in is good untilthe bridge, then pretty rough. the waterfall is beat up pretty good too, but nothinn that can't be handled. we found some good snow, but 1 or 2 moe good snow dumps out there and it will be primo!!!!!!!!! had a 08 D8 blow up on the way in, 2km from the truck, then about noon buddy hit a land mine and fugged his trailing arm. we fixed that by putting a branch inside the broken arm and then lashing another branch to theoutside of the arm. worked great and he rode out with no problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the D8 getting towed back

IMGP1144.jpg

IMGP1145.jpg

IMGP1146.jpg

and the trailing arm fix!!!!!!!!

IMGP1157.jpg

IMGP1158.jpg

GRD

Reaction score
Thanks for posting pics! What caused the d8 to blow? Anyone in your group from Cochrane Polaris?

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting pics! What caused the d8 to blow? Anyone in your group from Cochrane Polaris?
not really sure, but it was done! leaned right out on the one cylinder!!!yep, all the guys i was riding with are from mountain toys!!!!!!!!

GRD

Reaction score
not really sure, but it was done! leaned right out on the one cylinder!!!yep, all the guys i was riding with are from mountain toys!!!!!!!!

I was talking to Scott on Saturday and he mentioned some guys from there went to silent... Which one of you are Scott's brother in-law?

Top Bottom