Silent Pass

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
silver mines is for the brave at heart!i went in with sick and my nutz climbed faster than my sled!holy chit some big climbs for a flat lander!nos and fred flintstone i made it into the middle then chickened out to the big bowls!that is some bad azz chutes to me!

haha......... yup, them are the BIG hills!!! Love it cause not oo many peeps will brave it back there,but if you do.......... it's more than worth it. Go with with a knowledgeable guide to show you the "do's & don'ts" & it's friggin amazing back there when you see the sheer area you can ride. & BIG snow done there too man!!! always more than Quartz,Gorman or Silent!!! Can be a little "tricky" (my buds giggle when i say that, cause it usually means they're not gonna like it LOL) getting back there early season, but a handfull of good sleds & riders can get in most of the way in a day or 2.

RN

prowlerk

Reaction score
never mind little ole' Silent, let's all head into Silver Mines & give'r a whirl hey Prowler???
I was a 4 stroke nay-sayer till I got soooo tired of trying to get every little bit I could out my Doo's with little to show for it!!! Now I ride happy all day & not have to carry a back pack full of belts or wrenchs to try to get the belt changed!!! That's not bashing at all, just my personal experiences. Not all are bad, but ALOT are!!! No denying it. Not the only brand with issues either........ just more of them out there, so they pop out more!!!
Now back to the thread.............. Radium has no snow!!!!;):d

Let's all just get along:beer::beer:

RN
Well said Rasperry or should I say "Pinky" LOL. Do you think there will be enough snow to attempt the Mines yet? Never went to Edmonton so lets keep in touch in regards to that suspension, will be heading up that way sometime next week.

prowlerk

Reaction score
ha.... I'm up for silver mines...

beak beak beak
It's BEEK BEEK BEEK you creep! and yes the Mines sounds like a hell of an idea!! Just not sure if going there this early is a good idea. Doesn't it have to slide all down the vein to cover up massive rock to get in there or even up and around the waterfall?

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My kit was supposed to be in today & possibly going in b4 the weekend & finished next Monday maybe :d:d:d LOL if you can get that skid there, great, if not, I'll get it in myself another time man!!!
The Mines are a little sketchy this early, but I'd be in there like a fat kid on an ice cream cone if I was home & sled was done!!!! Never hurts to try man............ it's so friggin far in there though if it's not ready yet. Remember when we tried a few yrs ago, it was pretty early, but if we had these sleds back then, we would've been laughing all the way over the waterfall!!! LMFAO........ remember how friggin much snow there was ?????

RN

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tell you what "bud" you ride mine and I will ride yours and we will see who still gets over first!! LMAO

wow, some guys take it personal eh? Problem with you riding mine is that its not a turbo anything. So I'd probably ride your sled to the top and then take it back to the trailer, load it up and take it home with me, you'd still be pulling the cord on mine!!!! :d

Not taking a personal jab at the 4S vs 2S thing, was more in relation to a discussion on taking a very powerful turbo sled and comparing it to non-turbos. If you had said you rode a turbo M1000, I would have made the same comment. There is no comparison there, T vs non-T in either category. I'm glad there are guys that can blow over the top in a single pass, lets me save the gas for riding in the sweet spots, not burning it all up trying to get there.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm glad there are guys that can blow over the top in a single pass, lets me save the gas for riding in the sweet spots, not burning it all up trying to get there.[/QUOTE]

The exact reason I'm riding a T-Nytro now!!!!:d Tired of beating my sled & myself up all day trying to get into the good spots............ not that it isn't fun riding the crap outta these sleds:d We all know that the comparison is "weight"......... yup, mine is heavy on paper, but it doesn't feel like it, even when it was stock it was a blast to ride........just not enuff HP.
Anyways......... why can't we all just get along!!!:beer::beer: I'll ride with any guy/girl ;) anyday of the week & show anyone the good spots anytime I'm around(apparently the locals don't like me anymore either :d)

RN

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The exact reason I'm riding a T-Nytro now!!!!:d

Well RN, you know I'll follow anyone just about anywhere...so long as the tow rope doesn't break....LOL . How is Tyrell going to keep up with you this year now that you are under pressure?

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL...... he daosn't exactly know I'm Boosted yet. :d He's gonna Chit himself when he rides it !!! Tired of taking flak from him & his buddies.....they're all good guys, but love to give it to me about my "heavy" Yammy LOL. Now I just need to learn to ride it & respect it & have a safe winter!!!! Hopefully be out agin in a cpl weeks & breakin some DEEP trail

RN

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is too funny i had to chime in. was at quarts last weekend, snow was ok for the time i guess. there was a pretty good base (2 feet or so) and some on top (additional 2 feet) most areas were covered with some rocks.
will be going back to quarts on sunday to hit al the rocks we missed last weekend lol.

oh ya for the rest of the thread just boost the hell out of it and she will climb lol.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is too funny i had to chime in. was at quarts last weekend, snow was ok for the time i guess. there was a pretty good base (2 feet or so) and some on top (additional 2 feet) most areas were covered with some rocks.
will be going back to quarts on sunday to hit al the rocks we missed last weekend lol.

oh ya for the rest of the thread just boost the hell out of it and she will climb lol.

LOL........... Boost or Bust !!!!:d

RN

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well we are at the begining again, which was first the chicken or the egg. well first you boost it then you bust it, fix it, boost it and bust it. its a great circle. just hope my friends will be there to tow lol....

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh ya 700doo the four strokes smoke too dont kid your self we just achiev 400hp before they smoke lol

W

woodies

popcorn thread?please no!lets keep it real!who cares about 4 versus 2 lets see posts about sledding!

jackall

Reaction score
the snow is ok about 2-3 feet on lake. still quite a few rocks, but it was great for a first ride..

knizer8hun

Reaction score
Rode SIlent Pass Sunday.

Trail is a highway, so you can book pretty good to the water fall.

Not enough snow on the side trails (43 KM road, etc) to mess around on, and bounced off a couple rocks at the top..... another 2 or 3 feet of snow and it'll be awesome.

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was at quarts again on sunday, not much for new snow. at the boundry at the top right was deep, but most part was same as before, creeks seem to be packed in good. lots of land mines still. one guy got er good, smoked a rock with his knee, busted up sled good(was pol 800 dragon) needed the bird to take the guy out. seemed to be in good spirits but looked painfull. so keep both skiis in the air and all body parts above the mine sweepers.

Top Bottom